“Happy Veterans Day Applebees”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #100 of 151 Restaurants in Cape Girardeau
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 November 2016

This past Veterans Day(11/11/2016) my wife and I decided to go to Applebees. They had advertised their Veterans Days Specials, so we thought we'd give it a try. It was about 2:45 P.M., and the parking lot was almost full. We decided we would sit at the bar(it's a "U" shaped and seats approximately 18-20 persons). I guess my first clue that something was out of the ordinary should have been seeing that there were no patrons at the bar. There was a bar tender, but no customers. Anyway we took seats at the bar, and immediately, the bartender left the area, and did not return. No greeting, etc. We sat there, and slowly began to feel out of place. We continued to sit there, and observed many servers walk by without any acknowledgement. We began to feel as though we were invisible. We started paying attention to the time. After six minutes, we agreed to wait for two more, which we did, and still, the bar tender never returned, or did any other server show up at the bar. So after sitting there by ourselves for eight minutes, we left the bar, stopping at the hostess station. I spoke to the young lady advising her that they should get a bartender at the bar, and her reply was to giggle. At that I said "seriously, someone should be behind the bar", at which she just giggled again. At that point we just departed the building.

1  Thank MYSTERH

Reviewed 29 October 2016

Delicious! The grilled Chicken breast tender and juicy with sauteed vegetables that are seasoned perfectly. Jalapeno mashed potatoes are a perfect accompaniment.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

My wife and I enjoyed a nice dinner her a few nights ago. The service was a bit slow, but the food was excellent. I had the crispy brewhouse chicken , and my wife had the terriaki shrimp dinner. Would definitely return for another meal.

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

The waiting staff here is really good. The food is average. And the bar staff is excellent. Average choice of beer and drinks.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

It's a chain restaurant. That said, the staff is kind and attentive. Food tastes great and no long waits for the food to arrive. Selection is above average for a chain.