“Keep Driving”
Review of China Buffet - CLOSED

China Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 22 February 2013

The dining room isnt very clean and the food is sub standard, everything tastes like its got the same sauce. I had a stomach ache that night.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Good food, price is reasonable, wait staff is very nice. I like that you are able to see them cook when you walk in the front door.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I don't even know where to begin. I was passing through and had a yearning for chinese food. I should have been warned by the fact that at 7pm on a Saturday night that I was the only customer. The locals have already given up on this place. The waitress was pleasant enough, when she stopped talking to her boyfriend (who was following her around the restaurant) long enough to do her job.
So basically....
Service - Practically non-existent
The Food - Not much selection and most of what I tried I ended up spitting back out on the plate. I almost cracked a tooth on a crab rangoon that had baked to rocklike hardness under the heat lamps. Really, it was the worst quality chinese food.....ANY food...that I have eaten in a long time.
Price - $12 for a bad buffet with few choices? I cannot remember the last time I paid so much to be treated so badly.
If you want to eat here it would be helpful to be a self proscribed masochist.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I haven't been there in awhile. I used to stop on my way thru town. I stop yesterday May 16th. I could see a few changes when I went I got there. I should have just left then but I ordered anyway. Staff was very unprofessional. The place isn't as clean as it should be. It took a long time to get my food. The man cooking started by cooking my 2 orders of crab rangoon first! Grabbing the amount of my order from a large bowl sitting on the work table! Once he had them cooking he boxed up the rice and let them both sit and get cold while he went to the back to cook my two entree's. It took a long time he was talking on the phone while he cooked. I asked if I could get some REAL Hot Mustard for the Crab Rangoon and I was told it would be .75 for a small cup. Are you kidding!!!? No thank you!
We ate one piece of crab ragoon on the way home, it was HORRIBLE it had a OLD grease taste to it and the wrap was VERY thick yellow not like any wrap I have EVER seen. I made both of our stomachs uneasy. When I got home and opened the entree I was shocked. The beef was a pale looking strips and the veggies were mushy. My Garlic sauce was like Sweet and Sour. Needless to say we did not eat anything. I called the place and told them I would be returning the food and I wanted my money back! I didn't pay $22.00 for garbage.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

EAT AT YOUR OWN RISK
We have been stopping at China Buffet for many years, but not in the last year or more. We decided to stop by on our way home, and get carry out. The Crab Rangoon was always excellent, and they often never made it home without being eaten. This time we ordered two orders of Crab Rangoon, an order of Pepper beef, and an order of chicken broccoli with garlic sauce.

On the way home about 10 minutes from China Buffet we opened one of the Crab Rangoon orders. What was there was a very thick hard deep yellow shell that looked sorta like crab rangoon. The first bite into it was full of the taste of old deep fryer cooking oil way past it's time. Inside the shell was a filling about the size of a small grape, and to be honest I couldn't taste it because of the over powering shell taste.

That was just the start of a bad experience. Once home we opened the pepper beef, and what little beef was there was very white, and looked bleached out. The chicken broccoli with garlic sauce had the taste more of sweet, and sour.

Both of our stomachs were upset from the Crab Rangoon our appetite was gone. If I could give this place zero stars I would. Want Chinese go across the street to Panda Gardens.