“Date night”

Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: City busing stops less than a block from our establishment.
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Great prime rib dinner, large serving, good server, very attentive. Very nice atmosphere with privacy from other tables. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

At best I would rate it as so so.... The prime rib was fair and service staff were friendly enough. The staff do herd all the groups with children out of the main dining room into a separate area. This was a strange way to treat the majority of customers on a traditional family brunch time. What really upset me was they charge an automatic 18% tip and the only thing the server did was fill my glass with water once. How can anyone have the cheek to charge that much when is a buffet!!!!!

Reviewed 17 February 2017

My wife and I made our first visit to Grand Cru for Valentine's Day. We had reservations; but surprisingly the restaurant was not especially busy. Though we were about 15 minutes early, we were seated immediately. Our server was a very nice young man who had just started that day. He did a very good job; although could not offer suggestions on the menu due to his newness. My wife ordered a glass of wine and I tried one of the craft beers that were on tap at the beautiful, spacious bar. Both were very good. We started with an appetizer of Crab Rangoon which was very tasty. My wife had the Prime Rib and I had the "bone in" Angus Beef Filet. Both entrees were very good. We did not have dessert as we had chocolate covered strawberries at home calling our name. The Grand Cru is a bit of a "throw back" restaurant which was fine with us. Some may not necessarily go for this type of ambience; but we thought it was nice. There is a Old Nostalgia shop on the premises which appeared to offer cigars and spirits. We walked through just to check it out. All in all, we would recommend the Grand Cru for a nice dinner establishment.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

We were looking for a place for a birthday dinner. Several well-known places nearby were noisy and crowded. We ended up at Grand Cru. The atmosphere was quiet, the waiter was superb, and the menu selection was excellent for a variety of tastes.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

I had the opportunity to dine here recently with a group and it was a pleasant experience.

Specifically, the beef cut I had was cooked to order and was just perfect. Asparagus was undercooked. Mashed potatoes are hard to get wrong. The dessert was very tasty. The majority of our group was thrilled with their dinners (except for undercooked asparagus all around).

We had a variety of different beverages: wines, mixed drinks, etc. and all were fine and kept full.

The wait staff was very attentive to our needs, but not overly so, with two servers managing our group. Everyone was well taken care of without any needs ignored.

Pricing here is not inexpensive.