All reviews grocery store next door room was clean in town places to eat nearby fridge and microwave off the highway staff was friendly and helpful ohio convenience
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Hotel was conveniently right off the interstate and a good price! I would of gave 5 stars but there were burn holes on our covers in our non smoking room and the floor was gross like it hadn't been swept or mopped, also the chain was disconnected in the toilet so my husband fixed that because the toilet wouldn't flush! Smelled clean covers were clean minus burn holes and it was convenient to shops and restaurants we would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Columbia - East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Cilcia and James, We appreciate you recognizing our excellent location, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. If you haven't already done so, please call our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to share your experience. We hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

My daughter and I were driving to Colorado and pulled in at about 10:15 PM. I had stayed at this location previously when it was a different brand. We were exhausted and just wanted to sleep until we could get on the road early the next day. Normally Motel 6s are very acceptable. This place is awful. It is a dump. There are a lot of nice hotels at this exit so I can't believe that I actually paid over $100 to stay at this place. The room smelled of smoke, the linens, the furniture and the fixtures all had cigarette burns in them. I really did not realize how bad it was as I was so ready to sleep. But I did not sleep, the bed was like a rock and pillows were worthless. The next morning as I realized how dirty the place was, my daughter saw a live roach! I looked at the microwave as I walked by and noticed a bag of something form Sonic in the microwave. What a terrible experience. My daughter was traumatized. Avoid this terrible place at all costs.

Room Tip: Never stop at this hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeffrey S
Jay G, General Manager at Motel 6 Columbia - East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Hi Jeffrey,

We're are extremely sorry about your bad experience while staying at Motel 6 in Columbia, MO. We are investigating all the issues you experienced and will get them resolved immediately. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us - your feedback is very important to us. We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Me and my fiance checked into the motel the 14th and stayed till the 16th only got checked into our room we could stuff in your refrigerator stay cold and it wasn't getting cold so we went downstairs and told the manager and they said they'd swap out our refrigerator and we told them that was fine we ran to the store to get a few things we come back our door is pretty much open and anyone could have walked in because I didn't lock it when they left they put a new refrigerator in there but on top of the refrigerator was a dirty needle and I took a picture of it and my fiance went down and told the the person who was working they came to the room and took the needle out what upsets me the most is they didn't even locker room when they left so anybody there could have robbed us and they had no ride so leave that dirty needle out in the open thinking it was ours or something I recommend nobody stays there because even though they swapped out refrigerator the one they gave us was no better than the one we had before and what makes me angry is they left that needle there

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Jay G, Manager at Motel 6 Columbia - East, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us.

We strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

The Guest Experience Team

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here passing thru Columbia. Reasonable rate. Comfy bed and pillows. Reasonable level of cleanliness. There is a bit of road noise and the halls smelled quite smokey. Area was safe and places to eat nearby. We would use this again for brief stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

My room faced the expressway and was noisy all night. Tolerable with heat on. Got up at 5 am tv didnt work. Called clerk, didnt work for him either. Repair promised. Left at 8 am, clerk knew nothing about my problem. Polite staff, either indifferent to guests problems or incompetent.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank carol m
Jay G, General Manager at Motel 6 Columbia - East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2017

The Guest Experience Team