“Best New Orleans style seafood in St Louis”

Gulf Shores Restaurant and Grill
Ranked #2 of 70 Restaurants in Creve Coeur
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 December 2016

If you are going to have dinner at this restaurant it is best to put you name in early. The food is worth the Wait. We Had dinner around 7:00 on a Wednesday and there was a 20 minute wait. We decided to eat at the Bar. Wine bottles are 1/2 price on Wednesday. My Husband had the deep fried Scallops, which came with 2 sides and was a very generous serving. I had the breaded deep fried Oysters which were awesome, I always have the Red beans and rice which have a nice kick to it. Their corn bread that comes with the entrees is always fresh and tasty. Love this restaurant for fresh seafood and fish

Harry P, Owner at Gulf Shores Restaurant and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Happy to hear that our food is worth the wait! We certainly always try to get everyone seated and enjoying their meal as quickly as possible, but we can get quite busy. That said, it sounds like you order well -- the scallops are a big favorite around here, and of course, you can't go wrong with oysters, red beans, and rice. We're always happy to have you, and we sure hope you'll come back and see us to try more of our menu soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

Dropped in for a mid-week supper and they had a 30 minute wait for a table so we decided to eat at the bar. This place always seems to be hopping; live music in the background. We had the fried oysters and scallops and they were both delicious! Great seafood, atmosphere and service.

Harry P, Owner at Gulf Shores Restaurant and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2016

Joseph, I'm glad to hear your seat at the bar made for a great evening! I can't wait to have you back for more of the fried oysters and scallops you loved.

Cheers!

Reviewed 20 November 2016

This is one of my favorite restaurants in the entire metro St Louis area. Southern cooking with a flair, and they never disappoint. Great service, relaxed, friendly and efficient servers. Great seafood dishes are their forte. but as I say, you will never be sorry for anything your order.

Harry P, Owner at Gulf Shores Restaurant and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Thanks for letting me know how much you're loving our seafood! We're excited to have you back soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

With so many chain restaurants around, it is wonderful to have a restaurant that offers authentic, made to order meals.

We had a party of 10. And for a place that does not offer reservations on weekends, they got us in and out very efficiently. And, everyone loved their meal.

I had the seafood tacos ( I chose cod and gator) and the portions were very generous and delicious.

This may be a good complaint for Gulf Shores: But the place is too small. I think they've done so well that they have outgrown their space. The need to expand a bit to let even more fans in.

Good call getting the cod and gator tacos! There some of my favorites to order, myself. I can't wait to have you back for more of what you loved!

Cheers,

Reviewed 15 November 2016

We just visited Gulf Shores Restaurant and Grill on Nov. 12, 2016 and it was delicious! It was clean, the service was good and the food was great!

Harry P, Owner at Gulf Shores Restaurant and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2016

Thanks, Gail! I'm glad you stopped by and loved your service and order. We can't wait to have you back!

Cheers!