River's Edge Resort
  • Beachfront
Orbitz.com
All reviewsjacks forkcoffee makerclean place to staymini fridgegas stationwould stay here againfloatcabinironkeytub
Reviewed 11 July 2015

I have been floating the Jack Forks River for 8 years now. This was our first time using the cabins at Rivers Edge (two cabins), for the past 7 years we have used Riverside cabins. Rivers Edge facility is immaculate and comfortable. Had everything we needed. As always, I am the last to leave because I do a complete walk thru and clean up including sweeping, making sure all of the dishes have been washed and put away, the refrigerator is empty and clean of debris. And ALL of the towels are put in the tub per Rivers Edge request. And we make sure that there is no debris on the grounds and the chairs and tables are put back into original position. The owner even complimented me on how immaculate we left the cabins. I had a group of 24 women.. all between 30 something and 60 something. All well established women, financially and morally. After requesting our damage deposit back I was told by Ms. Lynett that there were 13 towels missing costing me $150.00! I pleaded my case with her and told her that this was impossible. There wasn't even that many towels per cabin and by the piles that we left in the tubs, would indicate that WE TOOK NO TOWELS!!! 13 Towels is what she has accused me of. One or two towels could have possibly showed up missing, but NOT 13. We will NOT be back. NEVER had this issue at Riverside.... Love Riverside!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
8  Thank Sandi B
Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

Eminence is a quiet & simple town off of highway 19. Jacks fork, current river, alley springs are some of the most breathtaking rivers I've seen in Missouri. Rivers edge resort is a perfect place to stay if you would like to pay a visit. The couple who own & operate the place are extremely nice & the rooms are clean and right by the water! Definitely would recommend this place, I've never been disappointed.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
8  Thank AmandaDy
welltraveledmo, Owner at River's Edge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2015

Thank you for your nice review, we appreciate you as guests and we are glad you like what we have to offer.

Reviewed 6 July 2015

This was the first time we visited the area. I looked at the reviews and chose River's Edge because of the high recommendations. They did not let us down. Everything was perfect from making reservations to check out. We stayed in Jack's Cabin which was exactly as described. The bed was amazingly comfortable, too. It was very clean, quiet and our neighbors were a delight to visit with. I want to give an extra star to the maintenance man.(I wish I could remember his name because he did introduce himself) He came by more than once and asked if we needed anything. As we were leaving, we did need some assistance in getting our kayak trailer to hook on correctly. He fixed it without hesitation and off we went. Thanks for a wonderful time. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank GaryKarlaPashia
Reviewed 1 July 2015

The River's Edge River Cabin "Condo" is BEAUTIFUL! It was comfy, nicely furnished, clean, had all the necessities and LOTS of room. And you can't beat the view! It's right on the beautiful Jack's Fork river. You can walk to "downtown" Eminence if you want something else to do after spending a day on the river. I highly recommend floating the Jack's Fork and if you have a big group, rent River's Edge cabin. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We had a large group & took both cabins, which are identical with lots of privacy inside and outside.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank CStarSC
Reviewed 16 June 2015

Overall our stay was comfortable and the cabin (Pine Cabins) was sized well for our family of four (2 adults, 2 children).

What we liked: The beds were very comfortable and there was plenty of pillows and extra blankets if needed. There was a good selection of stations for the television and the cell reception was a constant 5-bars AT&T LTE. The owner was very nice and she was quite helpful in answering questions we had during our stay.

What we didn't like: The cabin sit on the road, which has pretty heavy traffic throughout the day. This wasn't clearly stated on the website, otherwise I would have chosen a different cabin near the river. You park in front of the cabin and that's also where the grill and picnic table are located, so as you're cooking a meal, be prepared to say hello to the horseback riders passing you as they're right there - basically there is no privacy in your cooking or while you're eating at your picnic table.

The cabin had a very small coffee pot (4 cup), tiny microwave and a mini-refrigerator without a freezer compartment. The refrigerator doesn't hold much, but you can get by for 3 to 4 days. You can't really cook anything in the room - just out at the grill. There are two bathroom sinks in the cabin, that's where you'll do dishes as there is no larger sink available to clean up after grilling (bring paper plates, etc.).

The view from the cabin was of the woods, then some of the flood plain - we couldn't see the river from our back deck. It was relaxing out there anyway.

Overall we did have a good time, and enjoyed our cabin - I noted the above items so others who may want to stay know what to bring and what to be prepared for so far as cooking and meals at the cabin. The River's Edge is within walking distance of downtown Eminence - which is worth visiting for a meal, ice cream, or to just visit some of the little shops.

Room Tip: If you want to be overlooking the river, the River Cabins are located on the river!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family