“Family Supper”

Hokkaido Sushi & Seafood Buffet
Ranked #49 of 156 Restaurants in Florissant
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

Had family visit from out of town and we picked the Hokkaido Buffet for our family dinner. The servers were friendly and attentive, keeping our table clean and drinks filled at all times.
The variety on the bar was great! All the sushi was fresh tasting with several types, textures and flavors. Delicious! The wasabi was hot!
All the dinner entrees on the bar were hot and fresh. The Buffalo Wings were excellent and cooked perfectly. The salad and desserts were all very good. The fresh grill was done just right by the cook to order chef--he added extra garlic for me.

Reviewed 12 August 2015

Was their shortly after theyopened & swore I would never go back Went last Friday & loved it. Great food. hot was hot & cold was cold Everything was fresh & tasty Service was very good I will go back Beautiful Salad Bar & a lot of new interesting items that are not on your basic Asian Buffet

Reviewed 25 July 2015

We told three different people that the buffet was cold. We tried to find something hot. But after 3 plates of something different we could not find anything remotely warm. We got up to leave and they tried to make us pay full price. We told them we were not paying full price the food was cold. We had to fight them but we ended up paying half. We will not return there.

1  Thank peggis199
Reviewed 9 June 2015

It is a run of the mill Chinese Buffet. Many options available, nothing to spectacular, but none of the dishes were bad. I find the flavor of everything, including the sushi, pretty bland. But when you go to a buffet, it is more about quantity than quality.
The service is always exceptional. The employees are very kind and bring refills quickly and sneak used plates away with skill.
Most of the options are Chinese, so the space isn't taken up with hotdogs and chicken nuggets like I see at some places. But there are a few kid friendly items. And many deserts.
I go with my husband who thinks Hokkaido is the bees knees and he fills up his plate with all sorts of interesting meats and noodles. But there are many options for the healthy inclined- steamed vegetables and a really good selection of fresh fruits. And Sundays are special with crab legs and many seafood dishes.
The price is reasonable, especially if you go during the week. Oh, and you can do takeout. I've seen folks fill up styrofoam boxes and then the cashier weighs them.

Reviewed 5 June 2015

My friends always like to go here, but it is a lot of average food. There are some good and interesting choices in the mix, such as the spicy mango salad. Mass produced piles of food is not my thing.