“Excellent Everything!”

Cardwell's At The Plaza
Reserve with OpenTable
Cardwell's At The Plaza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Frontenac
Price range: US$21 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Clayton Road
Reviewed 13 June 2016

My daughter and I tried Cardwell's on recommendation while visiting in St. Louis. It did not disappoint. The service was top-notch, the food equally so. If you're on a tight budget, it is pricey, but I would recommend it for a special occasion. I will certainly look forward to re-visiting on my next trip to St. Louis.

1  Thank WorldTravellingMum

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed our dinner with a large group of friends. Many choices on the menu. Food was tasty and the service was good. Very popular restaurant. Recommend reservations.

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

We eat at Cardwells more often than I care to admit! Always, Always great! The food is never bad and the service is great! They've added a few new items which we love- but always a positive experience! The patio is lovely in the nice weather and an added bonus- we can bring our little dog! Probably my favorite place to eat in town!

1  Thank R S
Reviewed 23 April 2016

Cardwells, is a "first cabin" experience. The food is consistently very good, nothing too avant garde or "sketchy". It is always good, never disappointing and the the drinks are generous and well made. The service is very good and the atmosphere is friendly, unpretentious and comfortable. It won't "knock your socks off", but you will get a good meal at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

It's a shame the customer is always wrong at Cardwell's. Many of the menu items come out with consistent quality, but when they don't--don't bother mentioning it. Last year one of the managers told us she tasted the food we sent back and there was nothing wrong with it. Wow, who does that? This past Friday night when we mentioned the featured Brussel sprouts were a bit "salt forward" (we were being polite--actually the amount of fish sauce in this dish could knock out a mackerel), Chef Cardwell said, "It's just not for YOU." He actually emphasized the "you." I think sometimes cooks try trendy ingredients, and they just don't do it well. When this happens, blaming the customer's unsophisticated palate is not the right response. Having said this, I've never been disappointed with any of the salads or appetizers. Also, the bartenders are skilled. If you ask for a chilled-down blonde Lillet served up, with an orange slice--it's perfect every time. They understand vermouth too. I commend Cardwell's for the very good selection of wines by the glass. They have excellent, non-Californian options, which is refreshing.

2  Thank N3541PPpatricias