See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2009

Planning a quick trip to Hermann for the Berries and BBQ festival with our best friends was not on my list for the Tuesday before the weekend, but I was assigned the task. Most of the other lodging locations were already full, so I felt like I had better take whatever we could find. We booked here as we knew we could deal with two separate bedrooms, but somewhat sharing bathroom facilities. The Nestle Inn was perfect. Although there was only one shower (with a too-narrow shower curtain), the space worked out well and we had a fantastic time doing the wineries and eating at Trapper's for dinner that Saturday night. The area on the river was outstanding and a wonderful place to enjoy a bottle of wine with friends. Just keep in mind that although the facility is comfy for two couples, it may be too crowded for three. And the decor is somewhat outdated, although very clean. We paid $200 for two couples per night and thought this was outstanding as we didn't have to deal with the noise of the trains or the terribly loud choppers that like to motor through the town. We will DEFINITELY be back! Note that the town folds up around 9 PM, so there is not much nightlife.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheBacchus
Reviewed 15 June 2009

My Mom and I planned a trip to Hermann, and stayed at the Nestle Inn Riverview Suites. I had forgotten my information about the reservation, but one of the owners, Frank, met us at the office in the morning to confirm our reservation and ease my mind. He gave us great suggestions for lunch and dinner.
After meeting Frank, we spent the day shopping, then went back to the room and read for awhile. The rooms were really nice -- photos do not do them justice. The view of the Missouri River from Suite 22 was beautiful.
We changed clothes and went to dinner, and arrived back at the room around 7:30. We got into our comfy clothes and followed the beautiful grape arbor out to the deck overlooking the water, and read our books until dark. Very relaxing! The train went by a couple of times while we sat on the deck, but it was so far below on the hill that it was not bothersome at all. The lights of the bridge after dark made the nighttime view as nice as the daytime.
Then we had some hot tea, left by the innkeepers, and crawled into our nice beds for more reading and a little TV.
We drove over to the main building the next morning. Breakfast was perfect -- not a huge spread, but a nice wake-up. They served poached eggs, sausage, toast with apple butter or jelly, a few pastries, apples, bananas, and coffee or tea.
Frank warned us that we should have made reservations for two nights and he was right! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends