“Better Than Expected”
Review of Hermann Motel

Hermann Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hermann
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

My friend booked this hotel bases on price & location for a couples trip. I read the reviews and really expected bad things, but decided it would be ok because we just needed a place to sleep and shower. It was better than I expected. The room was very clean. It was pretty small and the beds were small for full size beds. While my husband and I are 5’3” & 5’8” it wasn’t a big deal to us but my friends are 6’4” & 6’6” so their feet hung off the bed. We all agreed that beds and pillows were comfortable and clean. TV and refrigerator worked fine. The bathroom was very clean but the shower/tub was interesting. Again, not a problem for my husband and I but the shower head came to my friend & her husband’s chest and her husband bumped his head a few times. There were a 2 very small bugs in the bathroom & 2 by the door but we believe they came from outside bc we didn’t find a trace anywhere else in the room and we looked for them. Overall, it was a nice stay and I would stay again if it were a weekend trip. Probably wouldn’t if it was longer than a weekend with more than 2 people because it was just too small.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Hotel is very dated and run down. Couldn't find another hotel for Octoberfest so stayed here. Sheets and towels were clean, but everything else was very nasty. Find a hotel closer to 2nd street and Schiller and you can just walk everywhere you go. Hermann was great though - fun little town.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I booked this because every other place in Hermann required a 2 night stay, and I could book for just one night here. Based on the reviews, I was prepared for the place to not be very nice, but I was hopeful it would at least be comfortable for one night. I was ready for the room to be weird and had even brought my own set of sheets and Clorox wipes. We had room 117. It smelled like urine. There were dead bugs on the AC unit. The room had not been dusted in a while because every surface had a thin layer of dust. The door to the bathroom had a hole/indentation where someone had either punched it or pushed someone into it. The carpet was filthy. I tried to talk myself into being able to stay the night, and started cleaning things up. However, I just didn't feel safe or in the least bit comfortable. I called other inns and found another place to stay. We checked out of the Hermann Motel and tried to get some of our money back, but the owner refused. The taxi driver who picked us up to take us to our new hotel said, "The Hermann motel is horrid," and "this is about the 100th time I have had to do this for a couple." GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. It is not worth it, even for one night. Also of note, the motel is located in between a cemetery and the trailer park...

Room Tip: Honestly, just don't go here.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

This is a nice little motel to spend the night. The room was clean, it smelled good. No insects. The bed was comfortable. The room was on the small size and the bathroom was cruise ship size, but who cares how large the room is once you go to sleep? The TV and WiFi both worked well. It was nice and quiet too. The breakfast was a typical motel breakfast. Pastry from the box stores, a couple varieties of cereal, bananas, bread for toast, etc. and plenty of hot coffee! It was fine. It's not a fancy bed and breakfast. It was just fine!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We checked in the room was very dated but for the money during Maifest I was willing to accept it. The television is a lot of static. I was taking a nap and my husband woke me and said that we were not staying here. He played me a video that he had taken of the sounds in the walls. It was some kind of animal squeaking. It sounded like rats to us. We went to the office and told them we could not stay and played them the video and they instantly refunded our money. I have stayed in a lot of cheap motels but this was the worst that we have stepped foot in.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermann
18.7 km away
0.7 km away
Stone Haus B&B
Stone Haus B&B
#11 of 51 in Hermann

Been to Hermann Motel? Share your experiences!