All reviewsbasemapsterracepoolclientsfrancetreesnimes
Reviewed 19 June 2017

I arrived to Marseille airport mid June 2017. First time here. Rented a car from Europcar. Car was exactly as ordered an the service was fast and accurate. I noticed anyway that it is safest to remember to down load the maps before hand already at home. Then have also a holder fot the mobile phone with you.
I had a bit difficult to find the hotel. Later I noticed that there was a clear sign but it had the same colour than the surroundings. After making a U turn I arrived directly in a paradice ! Liuttle calm hotel with pools and restaurant.
Reseption was perfect. I was guided to the room. The hotel is in the middle of the forrest. The service that is usually for the kings continued in the restaurant. You were treated as an pressious client. They put lot of effort on that and it feels very good.
Food is exellent. Easy to empty to plate as mother has advised. Delisious. Jean Pierre is taking care of the restaurant. He continuously circulates the tables to make sure everything is ok. He and the lady (forgot the name) are guiding the talented young team.
It is not oblicatory to leave the tip here in France but after this nice service and excellent food you do not have another alternative...
The hotel is in the middle of the forrest. Seems to be that retired people and tourist groups are preferring this place. Also families with the kids obviously due to the big poooool. Really refressing to take swing half an hour. Smaller pool for the little kids is also available. You can also take your girl friend to this hidden hotel to have a romantic weekend.
There is lot of historcal atractions around this impressively attractive hotel. Arles 12 km, Pont du Gard 22 km, Nimes 15 km. I have 3 more days to find other plases close to me.
This is just a wonderfull place. I recommend to test this destrict and have the Hotel Les Mazets des Roches as a base for the adventure.
To drive here is easy. Clearly presented signs (except the hotel's) and trafick is not heavy. Calm.
We will return here with the family.
I think weather is very good all around the year (atleast for the persons who are coming from Northern Europe, today e.g. 39 C.

Room Tip: You can choose the pool view or forrest. All rooms are very quiet. No mosquitos so no need for the mosquito net above the bed.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
sivc, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Les Mazets des Roches, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear Jari,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed and lengthy comment. We shared it with the whole staff and we are all so grateful for your feeedback, thanks again for your kind words, we're hoping to welcome you back at les Mazets very soon.
Best wishes

Reviewed 10 June 2016

We stayed at Les Mazets for 7 nights. It's the perfect location for exploring the cities of Provence. You are 20 minutes or less by car from Les Baux, St. Remy, Arles, Aix-en -Provence and Avignon as well as many wineries. The staff is so helpful, most speak perfect English. We reserved this through Tripmasters as part of a package so I'm not sure of the daily rate.
The onsite restaurant has some of the best food I've ever eaten and the house wines are terrific. The cost of the splendid food and wine is about half of what it would cost here in the US . Breakfast is a little pricey but you can drive into Fontvielle for croissants or a supermarket. about 3 miles.
This is an older hotel but well-maintained and very charming. My only caution would be that if you have any physical challenges, the tub shower would be difficult and the second floor has no handrails on the steps.

Room Tip: The upgraded room we reserved had a lovely terrace
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joan w
Reviewed 16 May 2016

Perfect one night stop over. Arrived late and they kept to dining room open for us. Lovely if cool pool and good breakfast. Bedrooms clean, fairly basic, but lovely and quiet. Isabel was a very friendly hostess and could not have been more helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for poolside terrace view
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2015

We arrived at this hotel after a long drive, and were impressed by the welcome and the beautiful surrounds. Our stay was half board and after a swim, we enjoyed an excellent meal in a very pleasant restaurant. We thought the standard was good and enjoyed the balcony area at the rear of our room. Whilst some repair work might be necessary, it wasn't detrimental to our stay and we would certainly return again in the future.
The hotel had a coach party staying but that had no effect on the service we received, and the breakfast area was very pleasant in the morning with good food.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2014

Nothing really wrong, but definitely below expectations after Tripadvisor rating, pictures on internet and price paid.
Hotel is generally old and need to be renewed. Sometime basic care could be enough.
We took a Standard room, but once we have seen the room and its status we have asked to move to a Superior (which I think it should be a Standard, not more).
Breakfast (not included in the price) is self-service and it is not worth the 12 EUR if you only eat a cappuccino and a croissant.
Instead, swimming pool is nice and the restaurant is nice and food of good quality, and not expensive.
My rating is related to the hotel, which is not a good value for money.

Room Tip: Avoid the main building, better the building close to the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family