Casitas Tortugas
El Pueblito de Sayulita(Sayulita)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$108
Hotel Villas Sayulita(Sayulita)(Great Value!)
US$115
Siete Lunas(Sayulita)
US$242
US$194
Amor Boutique Hotel(Sayulita)(Great Value!)
US$196
Hotel Kupuri(Sayulita)(Great Value!)
US$116
  • Pool
Hotelito Los Suenos(Sayulita)(Great Value!)
US$80
Hotel Vogue(Sayulita)
US$123
The Amazing Hostel Sayulita(Sayulita)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$34
  • Pool
Los Almendros(Sayulita)
US$220
Lush Hostel & Bar(Sayulita)(Great Value!)
US$30
Hostelworld.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjungle penthousepreparing mealssitting roomdrinking watermain plazamarcellofansroostersbedroomnoisetownprivacy
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I was so excited to book the Penthouse for my trip to Sayulita and just couldn't wait. When I arrived and pushed my bag up the precarious stairs the owner said that the neighbor had been burning and getting ash all over. His even demonstrated by wiping some off. Then he left. I proceeded to sweep the ash some of which was little flakes but really the whole place was coated with the dust. The main bed was covered and filthy as it was the closest direction to where the burning was and no way I was going to sleep there. The burning stopped that day but my four night stay was in a really really dirty enviroment. I couldn't walk around barefoot at all without my feet getting black and swept multiple times and dusted. All of every chair and tables were coated. The first morning I had trouble breathing from the dust. I guess what I am hacked about is when I mentioned the barefoot thing there was no offer to help clean. The next thing is it was infested with ants. You had the floors with regular small ants, mabe one per three inches-Not a huge deal. But the bathroom and kitchen sink area had a ton of these mico ants(if that is what they were) that moved really fast in little swarms-Barely can see them. The only thing I ate there was a muffin which a dare not have put on any surface as it would have been attacked. I saw that they were streaming up a post in the dining area-Thousands of them. My toiletries the first morning were infested with them(and one baby roach) and had to keep them the remaining time in the frig. My second morning there was a big half dead cockroach in front of the couch I had stepped on unknowing in the night. My nights were spent in the tiny one bedroom that was enclosed because it was the only place clean.
I had such images of hanging out there and really relaxing but just couldn't and didn't like being there-Felt sort of contained to the little room.The burning was probably random and perhaps the infestation a fluke. I have to take some blame for not being direct and more assertive asking to have the place cleaned since I deserved to be in a clean place. The casitas looked like a decent option.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank KimberKeith
MarceloMoreno, Owner at Casitas Tortugas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

Kimberly!
I'm so sorry that you had a bad experience in the Jungle Penthouse, it's truly the first time ever that someone complains about it! It was terrible that those neighbors were burning wood and leafs those two days, I had cleaned everything really well the day before your arrival.
When I showed you to your place, I just saw a bit of ashes on the sitting area coffee table, I never thought it was as bad as you described here. I wish you communicated that to me and I would have sent a cleaning lady to take care of the ashes. I didn't know also about the ants, we live in a tropical place where lots of insects live around, it's unpredictable when some insects can invade the areas. When that happens I take care of that immediately. Even dough this is the first time something like that happens, I appreciate your comments because that will help me to be even more aware about everything.
Kimberly, I assure you that the next time it will be a completely different experience and the next time you come to Sayulita I offer you 4 free nights in the Penthouse or the one bedroom casitas.
Take care!
Marcelo

Reviewed 3 February 2013

There are lots of beautiful getaways in the world. And with the palm-lined sandy beach of Sayulita just two blocks away, Casitas Tortugas is unquestionably one of them – indoors and out.
The home and grounds are beautiful. The architecture is delightful – lots of organic curves, natural materials, artistic touches, with views of the city and the hills, plus well-stocked kitchens, spacious bathrooms, water purification, and everything works!
With a dozen iguanas constantly posing and showing off in the trees, the always humorous turtles, the tortuga de tierra (land turtle), who stole my wife’s heart (how can you cuddle a tortoise?), the Koi in the pond, the shaded porch-like back yard, the colorful birds that perch outside your balcony –- it is a nature lover’s paradise.
But what really sets this destination apart is its owner, Marcelo Moreno. Marcelo is one of the kindest men you’ll ever meet. I believe he would literally give people the shirt off his back. I mean, the place got its name because Marcelo takes in every abandoned turtle in town.
Your iPhone not networking with WiFi anywhere in town? “Here, use my laptop.”
You had difficulty sleeping on Friday night in the Jungle Penthouse? “You can have the 2.5 Bedroom Suite.” It was soundproof, much bigger, and he didn’t charge extra.
You show a little interest in houses; he drives you to the site of his new homesite and other desirable areas, then delivers you to the bus stop – no charge.
The perfect place with the perfect host. That’s what Casitas Tortugas was for us. I trust it will be for you as well. See www.casitastortugas.com

Room Tip: The Jungle Penthouse is a wonderful open air perch to see wildlife. With the half walls, you feel like you're outside, yet protected from the elements. However, if you're a light sleeper, you may want a more enclosed room to mute the noises from dogs, roosters, and music when the town rocks on the week ends.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank VoicesandPlaces
MarceloMoreno, Propietario at Casitas Tortugas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

It was very touching to read such beautiful words about me and my place!
It will always be a pleasure to open Casitas Tortugas for you in future visits.
Thanks so much!
Marcelo

Reviewed 30 September 2011

I'm staying at Casitas Tortugas for a month, Marcelo, the owner gave me a special deal during this low season ending at the end of October.
I love the place, inside and outside. I was also able to see the process of making a video that Marcelo and a friend have just created and posted in the Casitas Tortugas website.
I was the first one watching the video and it turned out really nice, it gives a much better perspective of how the place is.
Please check it out at : http://www.casitastortugas.com/new-video.html

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Alberto R
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I need to say that I have been a guest of Casita Tortugas several times. It´s a fantastic place to stay, very comfortable rooms, perfect to rest. If someone is thinking in visiting Sayulita, Casita Tortugas is the place!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank lupitagonzalez
Reviewed 22 March 2011

I just returned from a trip to Sayulita last week where we stayed at Casitas Tortugas, I have used tripadvisor in the past but have never signed up to write reviews before until this trip, CT was great for us.
We stayed Monday through Friday but it seems like people often stay much longer. The place as you'll read in the other reviews is very well taken care of. We stayed in a cute one bedroom place in the back next to the turtle pond but we had a little kitchenette, great shower and bathroom, front room with a couch, the place was great for two people. You couldn't entertain folks there but it's Sayulita, go out. The place is very cool. The owner is super laid back and very friendly, and his movie collection is available to his guests.
Pretty much the main drawback with this place are the rooster crowing at night, but more expensive places in town will have the same problem too. Bring earplugs for wherever you stay in Sayulita.
Very short walk to the town Plaza.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple