See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2016

My boyfriend and I searched long and hard to find a good place for over the week of Xmas. We were thrilled when we discovered Casa Tortuga was available for the dates needed. Marcelo is a wonderful host, he even came and picked us up in his golf cart after we got dropped off by the bus and had no clue where we were! It is a very close walk to the center of town and the beach but far enough away from the nighttime chaos. The room we stayed in had a little sitting area with tv, a little kitchenette with appliances and everything felt very clean and comfortable. The garden area is absolutely beautiful and so peaceful. We loved it so much we stayed 3 extra nights! I would highly recommend staying here for a wonderful, relaxing stay in Sayulita!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stefanie F
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

We loved our stay here! It's very beautiful, quite, clean and built with a lot of taste. It had everything we needed and we felt very safe! The location is great, close to everything! The owner was easy to communicate with both before and during the stay and was very nice and kind. We wished we stayed longer.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bogdan N
Reviewed 23 October 2015

We rent the 2.5 bedroom during low season. Marcelo built the house himself, it is very beautiful workmanship. Owner is very laid back and friendly. Location is great, walkable to town plaza, beaches etc. Upon arrival we have few problems about the house, owner corrected it right away. Note : doesn't have hot water shower not that we need it since it is 90 degree but good to have if you are drenched in a monsoonal rain upon arrival. Light cooking could be done in this unit.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Valerie K
MarceloMoreno, Owner at Casitas Tortugas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2015

Hi Valery!
Thanks so much for your review! Sorry about the hot water in the shower, I wish you told me about it when you came, the problem was just the water heater pilot that for some reason was off. But the 2.5 bedroom suite and all the other units have hot water. I hope to see you another time!

Reviewed 30 March 2015 via mobile

My husband and I spent 8 nights here in early March. This was our first visit to Mexico and we're so glad we chose Sayulita. We felt very safe in our Casita and were only a 5 min walk to the city centre and the beach. Marcello was very kind and helpful and so was everyone else we met in town. There were many great restaurants to choose from daily but we loved the convenience of having a kitchenette and fridge for breakfasts, snacks and drinks. No need for A/C as the fans were perfect. We had hot water in the shower and the most restful sleeps during the quiet nights in our Casita. The beds are double so you do need to cuddle up but it's a small consolation for a comfy stay. Nothing but rave reviews from us; can't wait to return, hopefully with friends!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Elise B
Reviewed 15 March 2015

My husband and I just spent 11 days at Casitas Tortugas and were very happy with our choice. We had a one bedroom suite which was beautiful, clean and very bright thanks to all the windows.

Marcelo the owner is a very kind men, always ready to help out in any way he can.

The location is very convenient being very close to town and also just a few blocs away from the beach. We also enjoyed having our breakfasts in the garden by the pond which is a sweet little area.

I would recommend it to anyone who likes beauty and quiet near all the activity of Sayulita!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family