“Forget Starbucks!”

Add it.
Joplin Avenue Coffee Company
Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Joplin
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I happened upon this little jewel in Joplin Mo. Crown not to long ago. Having been a Starbucks fan forever I can honestly say I am a convert. JACC is a local owned coffee shop with a little extra. From local artist work for sale on the walls to a back room used for musicians, movies, etc. For instance their next event is a binge watching of Stranger Things seasons 1 & 2. The menu of coffee and teas is amazing. I've become addicted to the Brunette. Their version of the mocha. Tallest of course with a shot of vanilla. It's always served with a chocolate covered espresso bean! They have bagels, and other items for breakfast as well as wraps and salads for lunch. Free WiFi with purchase.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

This is my favorite spot to come and enjoy a sit down. I don't like that they are minimally staffed and the poor baristas are always running around trying to do as much as possible. It kills my vibe when I'm trying to relax knowing that they are having to be a cashier and barista and handle a line to the door. I love those baristas they all do an amazing job given the stressful situation. Cudos to them.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Checking out the Downtown area of Joplin pulled me into this nice coffee house that once used to be a local bar. I walked in on this beautiful Sunday morning and was immediately greeted by the nice barista working this early Sunday. I asked for a mocha and a donut for a simple Sunday wakeup, sat down and started to work on my computer and just watched the steady inflow of patrons. The barista greeted everyone of them with a smile and a pleasant preparation of their order. There was such a wide variety of people that came through as I sit here. I will def be spending more time in this little Joplin Gem.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

I was in Joplin for a day, and needed some coffee. My friend recommended this coffee shop, and I'm glad he did.

This is a nicely appointed modern coffee shop with an artsy theme and low-key jazz playing in the background. They have the standard coffee- and espresso-based drinks, and these can be had hot, cold, or blended and cold. They also have numerous unique combinations. I had a Caramel Macchiato, blended cold. It was wonderful, and I spent a relaxing hour there. This is not a chain; it is way better than that. This is a very nice place to get excellent coffee drinks and pass some time!

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

I always love coming here, the flavor of their coffee is pretty good. Plus it's nice to go somewhere where Starbucks isn't the dominant coffee shop.