“Good old reliable restaurant”

Cascone's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cascone's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 1,447 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Oak Trafficway & 37th Street
Description: Family owned and operated for over 62 years!! The fine Italian food prepared by Chef Victor Cascone is happiness served on a platter. While the hearty food draws regular customers and newcomers, the service and atmosphere is equally integral to the experience. Whether guests come for a bridal shower, holiday office party, or a couple's night out, we provide the same attention to detail and hospitality. We tailor our menu, décor, china, and service to suit special events. Large Cocktail Lounge Available with entertainment most weekends
Reviewed 10 May 2017

Great tasting food as you expect, it has been around the north side for very long time and the reason is great tasting food and service they provide. You are never disappointed of the quality or taste of the food. Service also is as expected.
I ordered item not on the menu, but they were happy to make what I wanted.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Early today we had an early dinner at Cascone's. It had been awhile and it was a diasapointing experience. Everything started off nicely, but feel apart right after the salad. I ordered the pasta bowl with Marinara and a meatball. Our bill arrived 1st after a good 20 minute wait. I told the waitress we hadn't even eaten yet. Within 5 minutes our dinner arrived. I ended up with a pasta so saturated in meat sauce that I couldn't find the pasta. I looked at the waitress and told her I ordered a meatball. She went got it. Although my partner enjoyed hers, I was sadly disappointed with mine. Another wait for our bill while they had a team meeting. Arrival of the check by someone who hadn't even waited on us. Needless to say, it'll be a long while before returning. I think I'll just go to the grocery store and grab a jar of their sauce. Today's misadventure cost a warm $51.00. A little high for a our misadventure.

1  Thank Roberta K
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

We were in town for a dance competition and got on Trip Advisor to see which restaurant we might go to. Cascone's had some great reviews, so we went and we were not disappointed. Jo Lynn did a fantastic job of taking care of our group of 8. The selection was numerous and I had a hard time choosing. I settled on Lasagna and it was perfect and big in portion size. The meat sauce and the layers of cheese were heavenly! Get the Sicilian dipping butter for the fresh bread - delicious! We will be back the next time we are in Kansas City and ask for Jo Lynn!

Reviewed 3 April 2017

I ordered the soup of the day Chicken and pasta. It was so good I could have made a meal from it. Steaming hot! My partner ordered the Pomodoro Caprese it was huge she could only eat half and it was delicious and great presentation also. Main course I love the chicken here and the person ordered the chicken Limonata Elaine she ate her fill and brought enough home for two more meals. The chicken comes with green beans which are very good. I love the mash potatoes my friend said it's the butter, but I don't care they are delicious. So I go to the restaurant eat the bread which is good the green beans and two of the smaller pieces of chicken in the dinner and all of the potatoes. Bring home two pieced of chicken for later.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

The server was ever so slow & not at all friendly. I had to ask 3 different people before finally getting parmesan (my meal was cold by then). The salad lettuce had turned brown and had way too much dressing. The manager was not in a good mood & not helpful.
The best part of the mean was the bread.

2  Thank KarenCF
Management response:Responded 5 April 2017

I just got notice of your review and comments....please please please help me correct what may have gone wrong for you and what in fact may be something amiss in the service here at the restaurant. If you would please, tell me when you were here dining, was it lunch or dinner? and do you by chance remember who your server was, and about what time it was you were here. Finally, if you could assist me with your payment method. I hope all of this is not too much to ask, but for me to continue the good name of Cascone's I need good guest input like yours.

I hope to hear from you soon, my personal email is jimmy_cascone@yahoo.com.

Blessings and Thanks,