“I better get my KC Original Points...”

Cascone's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cascone's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 1,447 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Oak Trafficway & 37th Street
Description: Family owned and operated for over 62 years!! The fine Italian food prepared by Chef Victor Cascone is happiness served on a platter. While the hearty food draws regular customers and newcomers, the service and atmosphere is equally integral to the experience. Whether guests come for a bridal shower, holiday office party, or a couple's night out, we provide the same attention to detail and hospitality. We tailor our menu, décor, china, and service to suit special events. Large Cocktail Lounge Available with entertainment most weekends
Reviewed 29 May 2017

We had a hard time deciding where to eat on Sunday, May 28 because we had a camping trip planned later that afternoon and we thought a friend was going with us. Anyway, our friend lives up north and so after we found out Hawg Jaw Q & Brew is closed on Sunday we decided to go to Cascone's. They don't open until 12 on Sunday and I guess I didn't really mind waiting 15 or so minutes and watching all the employees scurrying around getting ready for the day. When noon finally rolled around our hostess was very friendly. Our waitress was friendly as well but I think she may have had too many tables because the service was a bit slow and it took forever to get our check. The food was ok...I've had better and I've had worse.

I was a bit perturbed that their KC Originals machine was not working so I was supposed to get my boost to $10 on my next visit since I needed $17 and we spent $30. ($5 charge to split a meal included a salad.) I will have to wait until tomorrow to find out if they got me my points and if I don't get my points I will reducing the rating to 2.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Consistently great food. Tonight exceeded my expectations. My favorite dish is one they only have on their specials. When it wasn't listed our waiter went back to see if they could make it for me. Eggplant Neapolitan. Excellent. Try their calamari, best in KC, or Italian nachos. What ever you get savor. Several graduation parties and mother day get together. Generations of people coming back to celebrate special occasions.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

This is Italian American cooking like Mama makes...delicious and over-the-top portions that leave plenty to take home. At lunch we had meatballs in two different ways. One was a sandwich containing three large meatballs with sauce and cheese on a soft roll that soaked up the sauce, it was served with French fries and a small bowl of marinara sauce for dipping. The second meal was three meatballs in sauce served with a Sunday salad dressed in balsamic vinaigrette . While the dessert of warm peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream looked like a winner there simply was no room. Go with an empty stomach and live the Italian American experience of abbondanza!

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Great tasting food as you expect, it has been around the north side for very long time and the reason is great tasting food and service they provide. You are never disappointed of the quality or taste of the food. Service also is as expected.
I ordered item not on the menu, but they were happy to make what I wanted.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Early today we had an early dinner at Cascone's. It had been awhile and it was a diasapointing experience. Everything started off nicely, but feel apart right after the salad. I ordered the pasta bowl with Marinara and a meatball. Our bill arrived 1st after a good 20 minute wait. I told the waitress we hadn't even eaten yet. Within 5 minutes our dinner arrived. I ended up with a pasta so saturated in meat sauce that I couldn't find the pasta. I looked at the waitress and told her I ordered a meatball. She went got it. Although my partner enjoyed hers, I was sadly disappointed with mine. Another wait for our bill while they had a team meeting. Arrival of the check by someone who hadn't even waited on us. Needless to say, it'll be a long while before returning. I think I'll just go to the grocery store and grab a jar of their sauce. Today's misadventure cost a warm $51.00. A little high for a our misadventure.

1  Thank Roberta K