“Lunch”

Cascone's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cascone's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 1,450 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Oak Trafficway & 37th Street
Description: Family owned and operated for over 62 years!! The fine Italian food prepared by Chef Victor Cascone is happiness served on a platter. While the hearty food draws regular customers and newcomers, the service and atmosphere is equally integral to the experience. Whether guests come for a bridal shower, holiday office party, or a couple's night out, we provide the same attention to detail and hospitality. We tailor our menu, décor, china, and service to suit special events. Large Cocktail Lounge Available with entertainment most weekends
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

After a long flight a nice cool Bloody Mary was ok. The rose wine was better. The Caesar salad was excellent with chicken. The chicken just melted in your mouth. Chicken club salad with fried chicken was tender and delicious. The server was right there at all times. Food came in a timely manner. The price was good too for the quality & quantity. I would have like their delicious Italian food but I would have needed a nap after it. lol Go in for dinner & you will love it.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

We have visited Cascone's twice in the past two months and our first visit was great. We sat at the bar even though it was not a busy weekday night and the food was good and fresh (not great but good comfort type food). The bar tender was great and suggested a drink for my significant other that she loved.
The next time we visited was a Friday night and the restaurant was packed. We were squeezed into a small table near the bar and close to the kitchen entrance. A very loud and annoying server dominated our time there by talking loud, acting childish and I could tell that she was probably an owner (I was told that she's the owners daughter). Too much drama. The night is supposed to be about the customers, not the employees. The busy night also seemed to impact the food quality too although my mood may have contributed to my opinion that night. The prices are fair but I'll probably not visit any time soon. Average Italian food with too much drama for me.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We had a hard time deciding where to eat on Sunday, May 28 because we had a camping trip planned later that afternoon and we thought a friend was going with us. Anyway, our friend lives up north and so after we found out Hawg Jaw Q & Brew is closed on Sunday we decided to go to Cascone's. They don't open until 12 on Sunday and I guess I didn't really mind waiting 15 or so minutes and watching all the employees scurrying around getting ready for the day. When noon finally rolled around our hostess was very friendly. Our waitress was friendly as well but I think she may have had too many tables because the service was a bit slow and it took forever to get our check. The food was ok...I've had better and I've had worse.

I was a bit perturbed that their KC Originals machine was not working so I was supposed to get my boost to $10 on my next visit since I needed $17 and we spent $30. ($5 charge to split a meal included a salad.) I will have to wait until tomorrow to find out if they got me my points and if I don't get my points I will reducing the rating to 2.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Consistently great food. Tonight exceeded my expectations. My favorite dish is one they only have on their specials. When it wasn't listed our waiter went back to see if they could make it for me. Eggplant Neapolitan. Excellent. Try their calamari, best in KC, or Italian nachos. What ever you get savor. Several graduation parties and mother day get together. Generations of people coming back to celebrate special occasions.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

This is Italian American cooking like Mama makes...delicious and over-the-top portions that leave plenty to take home. At lunch we had meatballs in two different ways. One was a sandwich containing three large meatballs with sauce and cheese on a soft roll that soaked up the sauce, it was served with French fries and a small bowl of marinara sauce for dipping. The second meal was three meatballs in sauce served with a Sunday salad dressed in balsamic vinaigrette . While the dessert of warm peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream looked like a winner there simply was no room. Go with an empty stomach and live the Italian American experience of abbondanza!