Holiday Inn Kansas City Downtown Aladdin
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
US$105
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

US$144
US$133
Hampton.com
US$188
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$99
US$100
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

US$169
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$204/night.

US$190
US$161
  • Pool
US$164
Official Site
All reviewsconvention centerpower and light districtbrick wallcomplimentary champagnezebra roomparking garage across the streetvalet parkingthe holiday innrooms are smallwithin walking distancean older hotelhistoric hotelcorner roomvalet servicefront desk staffbed was very comfortablewater pressure
Reviewed 19 December 2012

We had prepaid for this room so there was really nothing but eating our money that we could have done to make up for this horrible room that we stayed in for two nights.

Check in was smooth and great. Jai was very nice and helpful. I had an issue with my room card not working and he was quick to fix that.

First off, I'm not one to complain about hotels. I know that there are things that can be overlooked and I'm not picky about my surroundings until they start adding up. I realize that this is a small, older hotel and renovations are limited because of this. But this is supposed to be a boutique. It's FAR from it. To me boutique is updated and nice furnishings, clean, unique.

When we arrived in our room, we noticed that the bed was tiny, the room itself was tiny, and the furnishing were worn. There was a stain on the sitting chair, HAIRS (not just 1) all around the edge of the tub, hairs and dirt on the floor in the bathroom, and stains on the wallpaper in the bathroom. Okay I'll let one hair slide, but come on. HOUSEKEEPING needs to be fired. It's simply turning on the shower and rinsing those down the drain. Come on people. Manage your housekeeping a little better. Replace nasty furniture or at least get it cleaned.

The men working Valet were very nice and overworked to say the least. This hotel is limited on front parking and doesn't have a pull through drive like the bigger hotels so it's hard for the valet to keep up. But...it shouldn't take 45 minutes to get my car. Especially since they're only going across the street. Very disappointed in that since we paid $16 a night for that.

We have stayed at another boutique in the area and actually went there to utilize their bar because this hotels bar was TINY.

We will NEVER stay at this establishment again and can't believe that it's rated 3 1/2 stars. Extremely disappointed in the housekeeping and management on top of that.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sdk81
Sarah D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Kansas City Downtown Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Thank you for your review. We take all our guest comments very seriously and use them as a training tool for our staff. We apologize that our hotel fell below your expectations. We take great pride in offering our guests an amazing and unique experience. Unfortunately on this occasion that did not happen. Our hotel and standards far exceed the level of service that you describe. We do hope that on your next visit to Kansas City, you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

The valet was rude to drivers pulling up to check in. The lobby was a poorly upgraded old, old building. I got an itchy creepy feeling the minute I walked through the door.

We prepaid for the room and asked to speak to the manager who refused to do anything about our satisfaction.

the hotels holds itself out as a high star rate hotel but it has no pool nor Jacuzzi. It seemed run down. It was so bad that even through we could not get a refund we refused the room.

Room Tip: Don't even consider it. Way over rated. Bad customer service from valet through the manager.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tony S
Sarah D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Kansas City Downtown Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that our historic hotel did not meet your expectations. I did have the opportunity to research your reservation and did find that payment for your incidentals could not be established by your party, so you chose to cancel a non-refundable reservation. The manager on duty was following our procedure and policy. If you would like to further discuss this, please contact me directly at 816-421-8887.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Recently stayed while attending TSO Concert at the Sprint Center. At checkin you are handed a glass of champagne! The staff was great! Clean rooms. Being an owner of a lodging business myself I pay attention to detail. Parking garage conveniently located across the street. Walking distance to Sprint Center and very easy walk to restaurants & bars in the Power & Light District. Enjoyed the buffett breakfast. Compared to the other hotels nearby they had the BEST price with AAA discount! I would definitely stay there again.
The TSO Concert was awesome as always too!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your review! I will pass along all of your great compliments! Our hotel was closed down for a few years to completely renovate everything back to it's original 1920's charm. We take great pride in providing a memorable stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I recently stayed at the Aladdin for one night to attend a family function. Arrived around 3 p.m. (check in time) on Friday. No wait for check-in. I'd originally booked a single bed but preferred to upgrade to a double once I arrived, which was easily handled. The room was clean and a bit quirky (I like quirk) in color scheme and layout -- it was small, and understanding this is a fairly old hotel, I was fine with that for a short stay. The room included a chaise lounge chair and the beds were good sized and comfortable. We opted for the $16/day valet parking vs. paying $13/park at the parking garage across the street as we were going to be leaving the hotel a few times that day. Valet was fairly quick, especially for a Friday night. We walked just a few blocks to grab lunch at the Flying Saucer Draught Emporium, and while I've not been to the Power and Light area before, it was clear there was a lot to do there, and convenient to our hotel. There also was a bus stop right at the end of the block from the hotel, although we didn't use it, it appeared to have a lot of traffic. All in all, the benefits of the location, price, and staff outweigh the minor issues that may come with an older hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review! Out hotel is quirky, and has a LOT of personality! We appreciate your business and hope to have you back again very soon!

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel for one night while attending an event at the Sprint Center. It is only about a 3 block walk from the KC Power & Light District which is very convenient and was a good $40 cheaper than the other area hotels. Self parking is very easy right across the street in an underground, private garage that happens to be connected to the Aladdin, which is nice if it is raining or snowing.
The rooms were fairly typical and nice. Not huge, but typical of an older building. I liked the decor as it is bright and clean. We also had breakfast in their restaurant, which was very good. We had the buffet and tried almost everything; I left very full and happy!!
We typically stay downtown about once a year when attending events at the Sprint Center or the Kauffman Center and would definitely stay here again. No complaints at all!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review! Our hotel offers an extremely convenient location for all of the Sprint Center events, as well as Power & Light, and the new Kauffman Center! Our hotel was opened in 1926 as the Aladdin Hotel and is on the National Register of Historic places. Each room on each floor is configured differently to provide a unique experience for all our guests. We hope to have you back again soon!

Sarha DeVault