Holiday Inn Kansas City Downtown Aladdin
US$105
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

US$134
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
US$149
US$133
Hampton.com
US$188
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$100
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

US$169
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

The Fontaine(Kansas City)
  • Restaurant
US$183
US$163
Official Site
All reviewsconvention centerpower and light districtbrick wallcomplimentary champagnezebra roomparking garage across the streetvalet parkingthe holiday innrooms are smallwithin walking distancean older hotelhistoric hotelcorner roomvalet servicefront desk staffbed was very comfortablewater pressure
Reviewed 1 May 2018

My stay with the Holiday Inn Aladdin in Kansas City was good, it’s a decent price to value for a downtown area hotel. Staff was friendly, room was clean (dated from a décor standpoint and needed some repairs and updating) so overall a decent place to stay for a night.

The service I received after my stay not acceptable and simply unethical. Upon departing I realized that I had left my watch charging in the hotel room (100% my fault). I called the hotel within an hour of my departure and before checkout time to have housekeeping to check the room so I could pick it up on my way back through Kansas City. After leaving several messages with the hotel I finally received a call back 2 days later stating my watch was not found in the room. Since then I have left several messages with the Aladdin hotel and IHG with no direct contact with either party. This will be my last stay with any of the IHG hotels.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ron I
Cindy1241, VP of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Kansas City Downtown Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Thank you for your review of the Aladdin Holiday Inn. I apologize that you did not receive a return phone call right away. After talking with the staff I understand that our Executive Housekeeper Debbie did return your call and has spoken with you. I believe also that you called back and spoke with Caitlin who double checked Lost and Found to no avail. We are terribly sorry that your watch you left was not in the room when housekeeping went in and checked. If you would like to talk further about this with our General Manager, please feel free to contact Mike Gangle his phone number is 816-421-8883 or he can be reached via email at mgangle@hialaddin.com Best Regards, Cindy Addison, VP of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I love these little boutique type hotels with brand names. No matter where you’re from, you can expect a certain level of service. This place is quirky and fun, and the level of service is exceptional. My only gripe is the parking situation. There’s valet for $18 (a parking garage across the street, but $12 a day and no ins and outs). The valet situation is a bit precarious because they usually only have one guy there and he’s running around getting other cars and driving them in. And people park/idle in front of the hotel even if they’re not guests. I’d just say that there needs to be a better system for pickups and drop offs.

There’s a restaurant onsite. They have an evening happy hour that gives you complimentary champagne and fruit infused water. There’s also a snack bar that you can buy waters and loose beers and junk food. Walking distance to Power & Light district.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Cindy1241, VP of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Kansas City Downtown Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hi tcooper22, Thank you for the good TripAdvisor review. We appreciate your thoughts and concerns in reference to the hotel parking. We will definitely look into this. Glad you were able to enjoy some of the hotel amenities. We hope on your next visit to our area you will once again stay with us! Safe travels, Cindy Addison, VP of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 9 April 2018

I stayed in this hotel for a nearby conference I was attending. Customer service was great from check-in to check-out. I love boutique hotels like the Aladdin that have a lot of character. That being said, this hotel is need of a thorough renovation, especially in the guest rooms. There were many areas on the walls and ceilings that were cracking and/or peeling. Much of the furniture was also well-worn and in need of replacement. The first room I was given didn't have a single available outlet that was functioning. I was switched rooms the second day and this issue was mostly resolved. Given the rates charged for my stay, I expected better a better condition.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank RedDemon99
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City Downtown Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Hello RedDemon99.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for making us a part of your trip here in Kansas City . We endeavor to make sure our guests are satisfied with everything we provide. On this visit, I'm sorry to have fallen short of your expectations with the room atmosphere, furniture, and the issues with the power outlet. I am sorry that these disrupted your stay making you feel not getting the most of what you paid for.

On a positive note, I can't help but notice that our location ideally suited your needs and the great smiles given by our staff. We entrust them to serve you well and make sure you feel our warm hospitality. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

This surely won't be left unnoticed as I have shared your feedback with our management team to see how we can turn things for the better. This will also be carefully considered should there be plans for future upgrades and restructuring. Nothing makes it more fulfilling but to be at your service once more.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I organize my company's holiday party each year & we have many people come from across the country. I wanted to ensure our out-of-town guests have a nice hotel to stay in, and this certainly fit the bill. It had a very nice location in downtown (financial district) with ample walking access and Ubers.

I enjoyed my stay here. Check in was simple and efficient - the man who checked me in was such a pleasure.

The hotel was easy to work with regarding the group reservation. My employees also provided excellent feedback about the quality of rooms, hotel bar, breakfast the next morning, and more. Highly recommend for business groups!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Hi Lauren F, Thank you so much for the great TripAdvisor review. We appreciate your kind words and will definitely share this information with our staff. We hope that we will be able to work with you and your company again soon.

Best Regards,
Cindy Addison
VP of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Pros: location near Power and Light Restaurant District and the free streetcar running up and down Main Street. The Art Deco lobby of the 1920’s is memorable for its décor, transporting one back to the early 20th century. Staff was friendly, especially in the restaurant.
Cons: a bit inefficient. For example, the staff does not maintain its Business Center. It had only 2 computers and one went down and then both printers were not working. This service is vital, especially for conference presenters printing out their talks and for flyers trying to get boarding passes before zipping off to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Sarah D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Kansas City Downtown Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate your honest feedback about our Hotel. We love our location and cozy Art Deco feel as well, and the free streetcar is amazing! We will take a look at your comments on our business center, and completely agree that this is a vital service we offer free to our guests.

Warmly,