“Mixed Results”

Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 30 September 2015

Our stay at the Sheraton started off great - the man handling the front desk experience was helpful and pleasant. The room could have been better and cleaner - I noticed trash on the bathroom floor when we first entered the room, failed to pick it up, and it was still there the following day after the room had been cleaned. We were on one of the upper floors which had a great view. The staff in the club lounge were fantastic. But our visit ended on a down note - I was checking out while my Hubbie retrieved our car from valet parking. He gave an attendant the ticket - fortunately he remembered what he looked like - and we waited and waited and waited and then waited some more. After everyone else that arrived after us had left, my Hubbie asked about our car. No longer having a ticket, he had to point out who he gave it to and describe the car. The entire process took about 40 minutes - not a great finish to the stay. The area is nice, we liked being able to walk to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Jim S, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2015

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I sincerely apologize that your stay was less than perfect due to the issues you encountered with our valet parking, however I am glad you enjoyed your time in our club lounge. We truly value your business and it would mean a lot to our team to welcome you back to create a more positive stay in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,714)

Reviewed 30 September 2015 via mobile

My room was great and very clean, but for $160/ night I'd like to not drag furniture around to access a plugin for my phone.

Why aren't these standard bedside amenities by now?

The hotel bar was enjoyable- especially the staff. However, the bar seemed to be infested with these little flies that were constantly assaulting your beer. Very disturbing.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I sincerely apologize that your stay was less than perfect due to the issues you encountered in your guestroom, however I am glad to hear that our staff provided an enjoyable restaurant experience during your stay. We truly value your business and it would mean a lot to our team to welcome you back to create a more positive stay in the future.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Staff was exceptional....very helpful....upgraded to executive suite with a special offer they had. Bit disappointed in room....dated....dark...needed new furniture. Bed and pillows were excellent. Room was on lower floor...not much of a view. Club Lounge breakfast very good, plenty of choices. Not much in immediate area...Crown Centre...very limited shopping, good casual eating. Sheraton has shuttle that will take you within a 3 mile radius. And they have one for the ball games....a plus!

Stayed: September 2015

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I sincerely apologize that your stay was less than perfect due our guest rooms failing to exceed your expectations, however I am glad to hear you enjoyed our club lounge and the area surrounding our hotel. We truly value your business and it would mean a lot to our team to welcome you back to create a more positive stay in the future.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

My first impression of this hotel was not the best. A man without identification in a black jacket wanted my car keys. I wasn't sure what exactly he was saying as his English was broken. After much ado another employee explained to me that he was asking to keep my keys while I checked in because of the fire code. The management was kind enough to resolve this issue by giving me free self parking during my stay. (Yes, there is a parking fee.) Proceding to the front desk I found myself in a rather long line as they were understaffed. This seemed to be a recurring theme but the staff was friendly and helpful.

The pros, however, do outway the cons. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, clean and accommodating to business travelers. Room service was prompt and curtious. The lobby welcomes you to visit with friends as does the bar. I recommend the flatbreads that they serve there. If you need a breath of fresh air put on your suit and head for the roof top pool or take a quick walk to the historic train depot.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of downtown - floors 20 or higher.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I sincerely apologize that your stay was less than perfect due to the issues you encountered with our staff and check-in process, however I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your guestroom accommodations and your experience in our Spectators restaurant. We truly value your business and it would mean a lot to our team to welcome you back to create a more positive stay in the future.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

At the rate charged, I expect a room to be in great shape and very few (if any) flaws. It's also disappointing to be nickeled and dimed to death for every little thing. Wifi is a minimum of $10 a day and there is no place to get it free (even the Westin across the way has it for free in the lobby and lounge). The Spectators Lounge inside the hotel is a 1-star place with huge issues including serving cold food that no health inspector would ever pass.

-My first shower was taken in lukewarm water because it would never heat up (subsequently I let the water run for about 10 minutes and it was then adequate)
-The room had several maintenance issues including grout missing around the shower and the pipes rattling for the entire duration of the shower.

Around 3pm on Saturday afternoon, someone was pounding upstairs. I tried to call the front desk since I was trying to talk to someone about business on the phone but no one answered.

The only real thing I can recommend the Sheraton for is convenience. Having the expo downstairs, I was able to freely roam to/from it to my room to conduct business or just relax. The sky bridge to Crown Center was handy but the sunlight easily overcame any air conditioning provided (it must be miserable during peak summertime).

I would probably stay there again if the expo returns but other than that, I'll never stay here again. Quite frankly, I'd be embarrassed to be the manager of this hotel knowing these issues and continuing to charge such exorbitant rates.

Room Tip: Go someplace else
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I sincerely apologize that your stay was less than perfect due your guestroom amenities and our Spectators restaurant failing to exceed your expectations. We truly value your business and it would mean a lot to our team to welcome you back to create a more positive stay in the future.