“visit”

Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Head chef & owner of Ranoush, Aboud Alhamid brings to Saint Louis the finest combination of Middle Eastern cuisine. Aboud hails from Syria, the heart of the Middle East. He incorporates his mom’s home & family recipes along with the freshest ingredients to Ranoush’s menu in order for customers to enjoy a truly authentic Syrian experience. Aboud has been working in the hospitality industry for more than twelve years around the world. He wishes to import the same fun & animated atmosphere here to Ranoush. Aboud is grateful to be here in the land of opportunity, realizing his dream of building cultural connections between the East and West through food & enjoyment. So what does “Ranoush” mean, you ask? It is an Arabic lady’s nickname – Aboud named his restaurant after his wife. Here at Ranoush, Aboud offers you the Syrian experience from the heart of the Middle East. Enjoy! And Ahlan wa sahlan!
Reviewed 17 August 2015

the food was good and plentiful,more than enough for one person
parking can be an issue,as there are several more businesses in the area

1  Thank jimmyjack2015

Reviewed 2 August 2015

GREAT FOOD. Got the Schwarma, it was enough for 2 people. Flavors were awesome, staff very polite. Will definitely go back.

1  Thank Gareth P
Reviewed 2 April 2015

Although we had a poor serving experience, the manager talked with me and has assured me that it was not their normal service. Their food is wonderful so I believe they deserve another chance and they go through their change over to a new named restaurant - Petra- We hope for the best for them and encourage you to give them a try- the experience- belly dancing and the food are worth it.

Reviewed 17 March 2015 via mobile

We arrived to find a new name on the building. Petra - that should have alerted us. Our visit last summer was so wonderful we went back. I have never had such our service. The waiter seemed to be trying to do everything so did not do it well. Although the food was good, we won't go back. Will try Ranoush on Delmar. See if they know how to make dining fun. And if they know what service means.

I wouldn't go back if I were you.

Reviewed 23 February 2015 via mobile

Food was really good. Our server a little ummm I can't really say slow. I will say he acted very bored to be there. The owner/manager was very kind. Checked on us multiple times. Great location - down off the Delmar Loop. Great atmosphere!