Wilderness Lodge(Lesterville)
Hotels.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Went with my sister and a whole group of sisters. The children were always entertained. Food was great. Extremely friendly staff. Beautiful scenery amazing river access. I dont walk well so we were able to drive down on the sandbar.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2016

Black River Lodge is one of those gems hidden in a beautiful area of the state. From the moment you start your week there, you have time to relax, be part of organized activities, and have all your food provided- no cooking required.

The rooms are nice and provide the basics, including a refrigerator, but I truly doubt you'll be spending any time in your room with all the family fun that's included.

BRL books by the week for most of the summer, and the weekend later in the summer (occasionally you can get a partial week), so getting in can be a challenge, but most people come back year after year, into old age.

The beaches provide security over the weekend, so no random floaters can go up to the cabin areas, and it helps ensure the over zealous weekend river goers don't get too out of hand.

Overall, it's worth a stay, you'll be happy you came!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2015

I had called Black River to get prices, the person who answered couldn't tell me availability and said someone else would need to call me. They never did. I called back and they were rude, told me 5 days later that they just "hadn't gotten to it yet". So I booked elsewhere. While we were floating my group passed by their property, only to have their "guards" tell us we had to float on the other side of the river because that part was their's and since we weren't guests we couldn't go thru. Hate to tell them, but they don't own the river- and that platform they built in the middle of the river doesn't allow them exclusive use of the river in that area. It's a public and state river. We weren't the only ones who they yelled at- a family attempted to stop along their banks to let other members (kids) in their group catch up and the guard told them to get off "their" banks. Great way to encourage people to want to come stay with you.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
11  Thank Advocate91
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I love this place. My parents look us here when i was growing up every summer. Every night their are planned activities after dinner that were super fun. They have a shuffle board, archery, & mini golf also. You can also rent tubes and take half the day to float down the river that is a blast.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank 789katie
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I had heard of the BR Lodge for years and decided to try it as my base camp for an Ozarks vacation. Great location and had a balcony overlooking the Black River. We enjoyed the Ozarks seeing Ft Davidson/Pilot Knob scene of CW battle, trout fishing at Montauk, hiking Taum Sauk to the waterfall, Johnson's Shut Ins and the Millstream to Mo Silver Mines Rec area. We enjoyed having dinner included in the price and then retire to the balcony over the River for the evening.

By far most people bring families and stay economically with 50+ things for kids to do and organized activities as well. My cabin was clean comfortable with good AC but very rudimentary which was all I wanted. I probably would have spent more money if I stayed at home as all the Ozark attractions were free except for a fishing license.

I think I entered a 1960s time warp!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends