See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 September 2016

We stayed over the Labor Day weekend. Our remote didn't work, needed batteries. Phone didn't call front desk or at least no one answered if it did, couldn't tell. Wifi didn't connect at all. I brought the remote to the front desk requesting new batteries and towels and tp. I was told they'd bring everything over right away. An hour later, no one. We stopped on our way out for the day and told them again. Apparently the first guy didn't pass message on, so the second guy was told the issues and said they'd bring everything over that day. We came back at 11:30 that night to no towels, no tp, no remote. They didn't even come in to clean the room. I called the desk on my cell and they came with the towels and tp but couldn't find our remote. An hour later, I walked to the front desk questioning about the remote. It was there but they hadn't brought it back. My guess is they weren't going to. We asked for a discount or refund and got nothing. Was told they were the cheapest and we weren't going to find anywhere else for their price. I tried calling to talk to the owner and no response from him. We won't be going back to this hotel. There are a lot more options in the ozarks that will get my money.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed. Filthy! Air conditioning unit cover laying on floor. When it was reported, desk clerk stated "oh we know, it is missing the clips". Toothpicks and straw wrapper on floor from previous guests. Empty toilet tissue holder. Opened shower curtain only to have a mildewed wash cloth fall on floor that was hanging on rod from previous guests. Place absolutely disgusting. Requested second room. Just as bad. No toilet tissue, toe nail on floor. Go somewhere else! Wish I would gave read reviews here first. Last minute stop after long day on road.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2016

First room TV did not work, and could not plug in fridge or microwave due to no outlets, so got moved to another room, no phone, bed springs coming through mattress, no bath linens, hot tub was out of order, pool was dirty, game room was used as a storeage facility, no games, no vending machines, continental brekfast consisted of packaged donuts, milk was in a gallon container, you had to get ice personally from the manager, no ice machines. Their welcome book said ice machine in middle of each build along with vendors for snacks. NOT. They woulden't refund our money, not even for they second night, he said it was at the dead line, 3:00 pm. How convenient!!! Run from this place, DO NOT, I REPEAT....DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!

Room Tip: stay away it is a very dirty place and poorly managed
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2016

I called two hours before getting there to see if a room was available and that I was on my way. Searching the net to find a place at lake at last minute and the website stated Reservations with no commitment, Free cancellation, With the majority of our hotels you can cancel your booking at no cost.
When we got to Ozark Inn the outside side appearance looked rough and worn down. Nothing like posted on the site. It appears they were doing some construction and there were quite a few construction guys sitting around the parking on tailgates watching us. I asked if I could see a room first. When I went o room it and a Strong terrible moldy odor and carpets were not vacuumed and room did not appear cleaned. We decided not to stay. The front desk advised to contact booking.com to get our refund. When I contacted booking.com they advised us the hotel (Ozark Inn) refused the refund. I have called repeatedly only to be told that the manager is not in. I left my number for a return call and still no contact. Please don't make the same mistake. Don't stay here.

Stayed: August 2016
1  Thank lindacS5413LC
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

We picked a room last minute and this happened to be the place.We arrived, checked in, and that's when it started. Your information is not kept private. When we walked into the "office area" someone's personal info was just laying on the counter....drivers license, address, credit card info...it was all there.
We left the office and parked. When I started walking up stairs I noticed a smell...smelled like death. There were cans of open cat food setting out. Dry cat food poured on the ground/carpet in front of another door. The carpet was NASTY. Our door was jacked-up. After the door battle, we walked into the most unimpressive room ever. It was hot, musty, and dirty. The bed was disgusting, the carpet....we didn't even take our shoes off. There were NO towels. Fortunately I had my own (our beach towels came in very handy). The shower curtain was half on the rod (it was torn). The rod was bent (looked like someone had been hanging on it) There was no trash can. There were used Q-Tips on the floor. The room did have a TV, microwave, and refrigerator. We didn't even touch the fridge or microwave because they were nasty (it looked like a dead bug had been smeared across the front of them). There was something smeared on the TV...we didn't even try to distinguish that one. We literally only showered, got ready, and left. We were meeting friends for dinner later that evening and needed a place to shower after we had been out on the jet ski (the condo was rented that weekend so we decided to rent a room). We literally stepped into our flip-flops when we stepped out of the shower. The only plus to this place was the water pressure.
Seriously....DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple