“The best dim sum in St Louis! ”
Review of Mandarin House

Mandarin House
Ranked #6 of 25 Restaurants in Overland
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

This is my favourite place for dim sum in St. Louis! Good quality and very cheap price. Recommend also for dinner!

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

There's not a lot of variety that aren't chains or cater to business travelers near the airport and in northern St. Louis so was pleasantly surprised by relatively quick service on a Saturday night. Beverage selection was limited, but the very nice waitress was attentive. The egg drop soup was ok, not exceptional, but I enjoyed my moo shoo chicken. Had only had the dish with pork. Lots of variety on the menu and we were all happy. Not wow that was amazing, but happy.

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Very large Chinese restaurant in the overland plaza near 170 and page. I would say overall it was good, not very good but that's not an option on doing reviews.

Service was very good and pretty quick on our visit. No mistakes and she was friendly. The food itself was good and better than a lot of Chinese places. Fresh and hot and plenty of it in the dinner plates. We all had leftovers which is good because it's all a la carte and anywhere from $10-$14 without sides. Party of 4 with tea was $63.

Huge banquet room in back as well so I wouldn't think they'd ever have a wait. I recommend if in the area and wanting Chinese food a step up from the fast food type Chinese places.

Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

Godwin's ROTD just gave me a friendly reminder that I needed to submit an overdue review for the magnificent Mandarin House aka Finest Authentic Chinese Restaurant in St. Louis.

So I had the pleasure of trying Mandarin House for the first time at a Dim Sum UYE. Luckily, I dined with awesome people who knew exactly what a Dim Sum is all about. Kid #2, Lizzy, served as my personal Dim Sum chaperone and gave me all the info I needed to enjoy the extraordinary food surrounding our table. She did an excellent job keeping me away from pork items and suggesting some really good dishes I was happy to experiment with. Thanks Lizzy!

Mandarin staff was very pleasant and kept food coming on a rolling basis. The space is large and even at 11:30am they handled the crowd well. The decor was beautifully Chinese themed; bringing out my inner feng shui. The food was delicious, especially the shrimp options. The hot tea was also superb. Dim Sum is truly an experience, thank you Ben & Charleen for orchestrating this amazing event.

~Christy

Reviewed 25 December 2015 via mobile

Although the service was a bit slow on Christmas Eve, dinner at the Mandarin House continues to be excellent Chinese food. Our favorites include sweet and sour whole fish, hot braised chicken, and Mongolian beef. We have been eating at this restaurant for years and the food continues to be excellent quality.