“Excellent Seafood - N'Orleans/Cajun/New England Style”

Pearl's Oyster Bar at Ameristar Casino
Ranked #52 of 274 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 16 September 2016

This is one of my top 5 places to eat. It is located in the Ameristar Complex and is a stand-alone restaurant within it. Fun & friendly Wait Staff, great food - I highly recommend the Fried Oysters. It is hard to find them cooked like they do on the coast in St. Louis and this place does them well :) Light to med breading, cooked thoroughly yet still juicy. My husband prefers his raw and is happy when I choose Pearl's for Date Night. Very reasonable priced menu with good selection. Come hungry. Dress is overall casual, but you see many dressed up or down couples due to stopping in from other places nearby. Open to the complex on two sides. Many fun times for me at Pearl's!

On-site Hotel, Casino, some fun stores to shop, a good bar or two with live bands and other restaurants - including this little bakery/coffee shop that serves OMG desserts - all under one roof with lovely atmosphere and plenty of covered parking in the garage with elevators.

Maureen M, Public Relations Manager at Pearl's Oyster Bar at Ameristar Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Good morning and thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoy coming to Pearl's so often and that you enjoy your meals when you're here. We are very happy that you enjoy the one-stop entertainment, dining, shopping, hotel, and gaming aspects when you visit and we hope to see you back for another visit soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

We didn't want to wait in line for the buffet and we were very glad we went to Pearls instead. The food was good and the service was great.

Maureen M, Public Relations Manager at Pearl's Oyster Bar at Ameristar Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

Good morning and thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Pearl's Oyster Bar and that you found the food and the service great. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

Pearl's is a stop for us while we are in on business because our guys like the oysters. It is located in the complex that houses the Ameristar so if you like to gamble, it is steps away. It is not meant to be a 4 star restaurant so that's why I rated it average. Food & Service is good but nothing mind blowing.

Maureen M, Public Relations Manager at Pearl's Oyster Bar at Ameristar Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Good morning Kim, thank you for your review and for your comments. We are glad to hear that your group enjoys the food, especially the oysters, at Pearl's. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2016

This place is amazing! It has the essence of New Orleans and New England properly merged and incorporated in one venue and one menu
I arrived and was greeted properly and taken off to my seat. Given a menu and then the server arrived properly and was watered as for drink orders and had my questions answered ... this was Kathrine D and outstanding member or the PEARL TEAM of 9 years of service.

I ordered the white chowder and lobster pot pie ... on word PERFECTION ... enough said ... I grew up in New England and Pearls have my approval they know how to do up seafood

At the end of the meal before I left I had the pleasure of meeting of Gm and Excuitive Cheif at my table ... I then went on to the casino and did very well.

I will be back to this fine Location

Maureen M, Public Relations Manager at Pearl's Oyster Bar at Ameristar Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2016

Hi there, thank you for your review and for your kind words. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and the food so much! We will be sure to pass along your wonderful experience and compliment to our team member and we hope to see you back at Pearl's Oyster Bar soon!

Reviewed 16 February 2016

Pearls is in the Ameristar Casino complex. The setting isn't unique, but it does get you out of the hub bub of the casino. There is a music venue next door and it can be a bit loud at times.

We had a simple meal, oysters on the half shell, peel and eat shrimp and some fried oysters. The oysters were good sized and came with fresh horseradish and cocktail sauce. They were also served with some sort of herbed vinegar that I thought was awful. Someone must like it. The peel and eat shrimp were rather small and tasted like they had been overcooked. The friend oysters however, were wonderful - melt in your mouth, not greasy, yummy.

The service was good. The waiter checked back often and brought our food out as we finished each course. They have a raw bar with king crab legs, jumbo shrimp, etc. but it was a bit pricey.

Maureen M, Public Relations Manager at Pearl's Oyster Bar at Ameristar Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016

Hi Jim, thanks so much for your feedback. We really appreciate hearing from you and are glad that you enjoyed your meal with us! We will share your feedback with the Pearl's Oyster Bar team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.