“Breakfast Stop”
Review of Lewis Cafe

Lewis Cafe
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Saint Clair
Reviewed 8 March 2021

I visited Lewis Cafe and was delighted it was not overcrowded on a Sunday morning. We decided to stop there before going on a hike. I ordered two eggs, hashbrowns, whole hog sausage, and biscuits. Some subsitutions are available.

Our breakfast was ready in about 5 minutes. Eggs were cooked just right. The yellows were golden and looked like fresh farm eggs. The hashbrowns tasted homemade but I'm not a big fan of hashbrowns. My suggestion would be to offer a fried potato option. I did not see it on the menu so either I missed it or they don't offer it.

The baking powder biscuits were warm when served and golden brown on top. (Please offer real butter instead of butter blends.) The highlight was the sausage. It was crispy on the outside but not overdone. It had a peppery blend of spices. It must have been saltier than I realized; because when we left the restaurant, we couldn't get enough water.

Coffee was standard restaurant fare, good and strong but nothing special.

It's a good place for friends to gather and go for breakfast.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (157)

Reviewed 19 January 2021 via mobile

Nice off the beaten path small town diner!
Needed sustenance really didn’t want fast food options along the highway. Found the Lewis Cafe - good reviews and not that far off the highway.
Well worth the effort to find and probably faster that dealing with a chain.

We were on the line - lunch or the all day breakfast menu or one of the specials. We went the breakfast route- the sausage was great - house made, was a highlight! Eggs and hash browns. The normal breakfast- but in a nice relaxed atmosphere and FRIENDLY people!!

Don’t miss this one just because it’s 2 minutes further up the road - great food and friendly folks - getting harder to find lately.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 19 January 2021

This used to be the best place to eat in St. Clair,its went down hill dramatically!I live out of town but pass through all the time. Yesterday I ordered chicken that was absolutely raw in the inside! This absolutely isnt the first time I've had to send my food back! Will be going to a different restaurant from now on! Also, the service isnt what it used to be at all! I've never left a review before but I thought it was time!

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 19 August 2020

Reasons no to choose this restaurant

The invisible wall failed to STOP the smokers’ smoke from invading the NON-SMOKING section.

Waitstaff not wearing masks

Customers with mobility issues are not accommodated. (2 step barriers)

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank SavedTexan1
Reviewed 4 June 2020 via mobile

We've been here several times and the food is always good. If you go you have to try the onion rings. There made in house. Service is always friendly as well. The only negative thing I can say is there were a lot of flies in the dining room and they were quite pesky. Other than that we'll go back for sure.

Date of visit: June 2020