“Loved it!”

Ranked #5 of 221 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: WE ARE OPENED MON--FRI--11 TO 2 DINNER BUFFET FRIDAY NIGHTS 5 TO 7 RESERVATIONS ARE NEEDED FOR FRIDAY NIGHTS CLOSED SATURDAY & SUNDAY
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Food was delicious and staff was very accommodating. They went out of their way to see that I walked out with a cake & pie that I needed for an event later in the day!

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

I just happened to hop across this place. What a jewel. I had Jagerschnitzel for the very first time. Oh Lordy it was good. Accompanied by sweet-and-sour sauerkraut and warm German potato salad.
On Friday nights they have $14 all you can eat. Are you kidding me? This place is mandatory if you're in St. Joseph. About 12 tables in this place. Ambience is awesome.
If you don't come here, it's just flat out wrong.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

We pulled off the interstate looking for something different than we can get at home and we found it here! Homey little place that felt like we were in someone's kitchen rather than a restaurant. The food was really good and the owners/staff were extremely friendly and warm.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

I was so excited to try this restaurant based on the reviews and the fact that they had pierogies (the whole reason I went) ...what a disappointment! My plate....slice of wheat bread with margarine, a baked potato that has been sliced and warmed in a skillet (German fried potatoes) and warm german potato salad that was like biting into potatoes soaked in vinegar....then what I had been looking forward to... the reason I came.... as described by the server potato and cheese pierogies sauteed in butter with onions and bacon....she left out store bought frozen pierogies!!!! I was angry....I heard the microwave and was like hmmmmm. The pierogies were tough and barely warm with warmed onions that had no visible butter on them......SAD! If not for my husbands Cabbage Roll I would have given this a zero. He said it was pretty tasty ( Cabbage and meat mixture no sauce...keep in mind hubs orders Mc D's hamburgers that consist of meat and bread ...NOTHING ELSE!!!) but felt like I did on the sides. Sorry a restaurant that highlights German food suggesting home made and serves what I described...just wrong and $10.99 and $11.99 to leave hungry! When I dine out ,I want something that I cannot make myself...I certainly can microwave a pierogi!

The owners were nice. The place is quaint ...small neighborhoodish. The grease smoke inside hurt my eyes. Maybe I just ordered wrong. Today was a waste of time and money. The table and restaurant post signage and business cards to encourage guests to post on Trip Advisor....well I did.Sorry won't be back #disappointed.

2  Thank Vicki R
guynstjo, Owner at Cabbage Roll, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Sorry you were not happy with your meal. after reading some of your past write ups on other restaurants I can see you are a hard person to please . when we come out and ask how are things and you say fine. we are not mind readers. the other reviews say our pierogis are great and the food is very good. we can do with out a person like you and your high standards. have a good life and keep trying to get a restaurant that is up to your standards.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Andy and Larry to an excellent job serving great food! This resteraunt is in a quiet neighborhood waiting to be found. I bring my Mother once per month and always have exceptional food and service! I have brought client's here to eat and they are always impressed. If you have not ate there you are missing out!