All reviews the indoor outdoor pool bunk beds log cabin hot tub biscuits and gravy waffles sitting area training camp after a long day would highly recommend this hotel room was large very nice hotel great room coffee maker parking lot desk clerk st
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Love this hotel, rooms are comfy, lobby and conference areas are very nice, a hidden rustic gem. Staff is wonderful to work with shout out to bill at the font desk who always had a smile and said hello. Want to go to back soon

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Janae T, Public Relations Manager at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

mutigerbell, Thank you for the great review of Stoney Creek while you were St. Joseph. We appreciate the kind comments, and must agree Bill does do a wonderful job at not only the front desk but guest service too! We are a company founded on a people-first philosophy and love to see the rewarding impact it has on our guests as well. We look forward to hosting you for another wonderful visit in St. Joseph again soon too.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Excellent place for a small conference--this is our 2nd time here. All staff are friendly, and go the extra mile to take care of us, from management down to cleaning staff. Hotel is rustic, homey, and welcoming throughout.
Banquets are catered, but good food.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Jan, Thank you for taking a couple minutes out of your busy day to leave us such a great review! We appreciate the kind words and are happy to hear that your event went off without a hitch. The staff really does do a great job and we will be sure to pass along the praise. We along with everyone from the property look forward to hosting your next conference or just a night away again soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at Stonycreek hotel now for several years. The place is always clean the staff is always friendly and the rooms are very very nice. I always get a suite. My last stay which was October 27 and 28th, I had fallen that day before I got there and had a very swollen ankle. I checked in and the desk clerk Bill Mays said just go park your vehicle and he brought down the cart to put everything on and helped me up to my room which I thought was very helpful and nice as he went out of his way to help me. That evening the ankle was swollen and I Call down to the desk to see if they had anything to make an ice pack out of and again he went out of his way and made me an ice bag and brought it up for me to put on my ankle this is how nice, Helpful and friendly the staff is and how they go out of your way to make your stay a good one. I know there’s other motels in Saint Joseph Missouri that are cheaper to stay at but there is no way that I would ever change. The breakfast is very good they even have a little bar with beer and wine and I believe can make a mixed drink and you can even have a pizza made. If you have company come to visit you while you’re there they’re sitting areas where you can visit and talk and coffee is 24/7. So if you’re looking for a good clean good atmosphere good family place to go I would recommend this place highly it’s by the malls And great places to eat at. And I forgot to mention they do have a swimming pool that is heated you can swim from the inside to the outside and they also have a hot tub. It’s a great place for weddings conferences And family get-togethers. Thank you Cindy

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

cindyb545, Thank you for sharing your incredible experience with us and future travelers. We are a company founded on a people-first attitude paired with above and beyond customer service. It is heartwarming to hear you talk about your stay and how wonderful Bill was. Again, we thank you for your detailed review of the hotel and we will be sure to pass along praise not only to Bill but the rest of the team as well. We look forward to hosting you again soon, and hopefully, your ankle is doing much better too.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Stoney Creek Hotels are designed around a western theme...cowboy and covered wagon/buffalo check carpet in the hallways, log type furnishings, rustic lighting, etc. So the western ambience is part of the charm of this small chain of hotels. Our basic king room was spacious with a counter area that included the microwave and fridge, a large easy chair, desk and chair, chest of drawers, dual nightstands and a nice area for hanging garments and accommodating your luggage. The bathroom was a little tight with a small semi circular vanity, toilet, and tub/shower combo. The shower had great powerful water pressure, unfortunately the shower curtain was not on a curved rod, so the curtain was trying to attack you while you showered...ugh! The mattress was comfortable but a little saggy and the air conditioning unit worked well. The room we were in was very noisy because it was right next to an entrance and the upstairs resident must have been Big Foot. Although we didn’t use it, the pool area was very large and a great place for kids. Decent breakfast with a good variety of hot and cold items, in room Keurig coffee maker. All in all a pretty nice place.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017

This is a great hotel with a lot of character. The old west/outdoorsy theme is a nice change from the boring sterile chain hotels I am used to. Room is very comfortable, breakfast was fine and the staff was helpful and friendly. The indoor outdoor pool and hot tub are a great way to unwind after a long day. I would certainly stay here again if visiting St Joseph.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo