“Great place for an extended stay”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St. Joseph
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for six night in a theme suite called the Clubhouse. The room was extra large with a gas fireplace and a whirlpool tub (the latter I didn't use and would have preferred a dining table instead). Water was a bit too soft. And when the folks upstairs turned on THEIR whirlpool tub, it was LOUD. Next time, I think I'd request a third-floor room. I kept the A/C/heat unit running on fan at night as white noise, which kept the room more quiet for sleeping. Otherwise, I really enjoyed my stay here, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The housekeepers did an outstanding job of keeping my room neat. Thanks!

Room Tip: Third floor room for optimum quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Janae T, Public Relations Manager at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

sherylsr, Thank you for spending some time with us last week! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, the Clubhouse room is one of my favorites as well! We will be sure to pass along the kind comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel as well as the helpfulness of the staff. We do offer several theme suites in various locations of the hotel, so please specify where you would like to be upon your next stay with us and we will do our best to accommodate you so you may enjoy a quiet night away at Stoney Creek.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Easy access to hotel off I-29. Great room with king size bed, frig, microwave. No table with chairs, but there was a work area and an easy chair. Meeting rooms were very nice. Great breakfast area. Food was good. No restaurant on site, so no room service or late night snacks. Food catered in for meeting functions was very good.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

GusherTownGIrl, We appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave us a review of your stay at Stoney Creek. How wonderful to see that you enjoyed your hotel stay as well as your conference. We work with a great team of local caterers to offer our guests some incredible selections, happy you think so too. We look forward to hosting you for business or pleassure at our location in St. Joseph again soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Love this hotel, rooms are comfy, lobby and conference areas are very nice, a hidden rustic gem. Staff is wonderful to work with shout out to bill at the font desk who always had a smile and said hello. Want to go to back soon

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Janae T, Public Relations Manager at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

mutigerbell, Thank you for the great review of Stoney Creek while you were St. Joseph. We appreciate the kind comments, and must agree Bill does do a wonderful job at not only the front desk but guest service too! We are a company founded on a people-first philosophy and love to see the rewarding impact it has on our guests as well. We look forward to hosting you for another wonderful visit in St. Joseph again soon too.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Excellent place for a small conference--this is our 2nd time here. All staff are friendly, and go the extra mile to take care of us, from management down to cleaning staff. Hotel is rustic, homey, and welcoming throughout.
Banquets are catered, but good food.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Jan, Thank you for taking a couple minutes out of your busy day to leave us such a great review! We appreciate the kind words and are happy to hear that your event went off without a hitch. The staff really does do a great job and we will be sure to pass along the praise. We along with everyone from the property look forward to hosting your next conference or just a night away again soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at Stonycreek hotel now for several years. The place is always clean the staff is always friendly and the rooms are very very nice. I always get a suite. My last stay which was October 27 and 28th, I had fallen that day before I got there and had a very swollen ankle. I checked in and the desk clerk Bill Mays said just go park your vehicle and he brought down the cart to put everything on and helped me up to my room which I thought was very helpful and nice as he went out of his way to help me. That evening the ankle was swollen and I Call down to the desk to see if they had anything to make an ice pack out of and again he went out of his way and made me an ice bag and brought it up for me to put on my ankle this is how nice, Helpful and friendly the staff is and how they go out of your way to make your stay a good one. I know there’s other motels in Saint Joseph Missouri that are cheaper to stay at but there is no way that I would ever change. The breakfast is very good they even have a little bar with beer and wine and I believe can make a mixed drink and you can even have a pizza made. If you have company come to visit you while you’re there they’re sitting areas where you can visit and talk and coffee is 24/7. So if you’re looking for a good clean good atmosphere good family place to go I would recommend this place highly it’s by the malls And great places to eat at. And I forgot to mention they do have a swimming pool that is heated you can swim from the inside to the outside and they also have a hot tub. It’s a great place for weddings conferences And family get-togethers. Thank you Cindy

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

cindyb545, Thank you for sharing your incredible experience with us and future travelers. We are a company founded on a people-first attitude paired with above and beyond customer service. It is heartwarming to hear you talk about your stay and how wonderful Bill was. Again, we thank you for your detailed review of the hotel and we will be sure to pass along praise not only to Bill but the rest of the team as well. We look forward to hosting you again soon, and hopefully, your ankle is doing much better too.