This was a very interesting stay in that the neighborhood has seen better days, but this old mansion has been lovingly restored to its former glory and was a very pleasant stay. The room itself was quite comfortable, the bath clean and well-equipped, the owner quite friendly and accomodating, but the breakfast a little disappointing. A young lady showed up about 10 minutes prior to breakfast time, and a small bowl of bread pudding and a small bowl of fruit was the meal. We were the only guests, I think, and we had let the owner know I did not eat eggs, but there were no choices. Both items were delicious and quite adequate for us, but not really what I would expect at a B&B. I will say the early coffee was delicious and very much appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This restored historic 1885 mansion, nestled in Missouri's largest National Registered District, will pamper you with its spacious rooms, full breakfast, and large bathrooms with soaking clawfoot tubs. Authentically appointed with period Eastlake furniture, this Non-Smoking inn will give you a quiet, romantic evening and restful night during your visit to Saint Joseph. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Whiskey Mansion Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whiskey Mansion Hotel Saint Joseph
- Whiskey Mansion Bed And Breakfast