“BBQ gem on Washington Avenue”

Sugarfire Smoke House
Ranked #34 of 3,081 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Description: Voted BEST BBQ in St. Louis 2015 Voted BEST BBQ in St. Louis 2014 Voted BEST NEW RESTAURANT 2013 Voted BEST BURGER 2013 Top 5 in the 100 Best Restaurants in St. Louis 2015 1st Place Memphis in May World Championships (seafood) 3rd Place Memphis in May World Championship (chicken) 8th Place Memphis in May World Championship (exotic). Come try some of St. Louis' best barbecue!
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We went to the STL Auto Show & decided to go to SugarFire BBQ since we had a gift card. I’m glad we did....I ordered the two meat platter which also came with two sides. I chose the smoked turkey (very tender & moist) and the pulled pork (nice favor, tender with a good bark). The sides change daily so I chose the clam chowder and the bacon and potato au gratin. My husband ordered the 8 Oz of beef brisket. The meat is flavorful & moist. The clam chowder had an interesting taste...I’m thinking rosemary but had lots of clams and bacon. The au gratin also had lots of bacon & cheese. Everything was excellent. I’ve had smoke turkey at Moe’s in Orange Beach AL. I always order the turkey because it’s so moist there & I would say it was just as good. Pulled pork is by far my favorite & I will definitely order it again. They have a decent selection of beer & soft drinks. All in all a very favorable experience.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Food is fantastic. Big servings... quick, courteous service. We highly recommend, big muddy, chicken biscuit, brisket cheese steak... nom... nom....nom

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Some say that Sugarfire us cafeteria style, I prefer to call it "Line and Dine." You see this kind of ordering service at Moe's Southwest Grill, you pick an item while in line, come up to the cooks and order. I ordered the BBQ Burrito. A special they had that day! It was wonderful! They seem to come up with new specials each day (they told us they'd never served the burrito before, and that the kitchen thought of it recently.)

Do not come here for the dinning experience, it is not bad, just interesting. There is limited space, and you might have to mingle with others, but the food and abundant amount of sauces to choose from is worth it. The food is so good, they are open until they run out of food!

Please visit Sugarfire!

Let the fire in your belly taste the sweet sugar, only at Sugarfire!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

This place is right in downtown STL. We had heard it was good, but when we got there they had a sign telling us that they were out of ribs. It's what I was going for. Ended up with a bbq gyro that was really good. Several good sauces to use, etc. I guess 8pm was too late on a Saturday? go earlier...

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I had lunch at the National Blues Museum with business colleagues that was catered by Sugarfire Smoke House. We picked our orders weeks prior to the meeting, and I had the smoked salmon. (Options included brisket, pulled pork, turkey breast, and chicken, and sides of potato salad, coleslaw and baked beans.) It was all very very tasty! Because the National Blues Museum is next to the downtown Sugarfire location, we were able to sit and enjoy a mini-concert (a duo warming up for a later live concert), socialize and enjoy our meals. Plus we could get our drinks from the fountains and condiments (all housemade -- all amazing!) right next door. Highly recommend the downtown location to enjoy both the food and the museum (we also had a private tour)!