“Cool Experience”

Anheuser-Busch Brewery
Ranked #25 of 279 things to do in Saint Louis
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Our experience was positive overall. We did the free tour, and I think there is a reason it is free. Our tour was at 4:00pm, so I think we were the last group for our guides. One of them seemed like she was ready to head home right when the tour started. The whole thing seemed rushed, and I think this tour could be more appreciated if people were allowed to walk it by themselves. The sights are beautiful and it's nice to learn about the history of the place. The clydesdales are absolutely stunning & enormous. Their stable is worth more than my house. You get a sample of Bud Light or Budweiser during the tour, and a free beer in the biergarten afterwards.The food at the biergarten was very good, and they have a ton of Anheuser-Busch beers on tap (obviously).

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"holiday lights"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 25 March 2018

A friend and I spent a few days in St. Louis and thought the Brewery would be a fun stop. We ate at the biergarten which was fine. Not tons of options (but tons of beers LOL) I ordered a hot dog and got a brat which I so dislike but I lived. :) My friend got a pretty amazing looking salad.

We paid for the Bud Light Tour because my friend wanted to see the Clydesdales. During the tour, we did get to see the old stable and one Clydesdale but it really was a very minimal part of the tour!

The tour guide was knowledgeable and seemed to enjoy his job. He shared a lot of history. There was quite a bit of walking but there were also elevators, escalators and a trolly ride back to the main building when we were finished.

We were able to see the beer being bottled and overlook the packing the beer part of the factory.. We got to see the Beechwood aging process vats and pick up some beechwood to feel. Two free samples of Bud Light or Bud (being the bud light tour!) A newly bottled bottle of beer as a going away gift and the younger ones received some swag of their own. We spent a couple hours there and it kept our attention! Cheers!

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Recently moved to Jacksonville and while my sons were here visiting from college- decided to check this out. We visited on 3-10-18. The lady greeting you at the door, I believe her name was Maria, that day was so happy, upbeat and helpful!!! We opted for the free tour since 1 person in a party was under 21. We walked around and quite enjoyed ourselves. Then we visited the gift shop. Both my sons and husband picked a few things. At one point- my son was interested in 2 shirts they didn’t have his size. So I decided to ask Tina at the counter if they had any additional sizes. Showed her the first shirt and was on my way to show her the second shirt when someone walked in from the outside and said she needed to buy 2 tour passes. Tina instantly stopped helping me and started checking this women out. I stood there thinking how rude- you were speaking to me and helping me and instantly cut me off to help someone that just walked in. So since I felt she treated me unkindly I decided to ask during her transaction if she had those shirts. I was told she would be with me in a minute!!!! Really Tina!!!! You were helping me first, are you serious? Now I have to wait? I just let it go and decided to walk away. Tina did you really think that was ok? There was no one in the store, so it would be pretty easy to keep up with the customers and who to help first. Then I showed the shirts to my son, he ended up picking the shirt Tina didn’t have to go to back to get. When I brought the shirt she gave me back up to her and said he decided on the other shirt- she said to my son and I quote “what you don’t want that one”! Really Tina- again!!! Was it that hard to get the shirt from the back room that you were standing right next to? Maybe if you would have helped me with the shirt the first time I asked, he wouldn’t have had time to shop around and find another shirt he liked better. So next we had our purchases in hand and were waiting behind a family checking out after their tour. The family turned around and said “hey we got a flight of beers after our tour and we didn’t use our complimentary beer, do you want it”. We said yes and thank you and took the 2 beer tokens given to us. Tina listened to this interaction and instantly said “you have to give those to me”. “Those aren’t for a free beer, they are for admission to the tour”. The men that gave them to us looked confused and said to Tina they never used their free beer. Tina then said “if you take those into the tap room they won’t know what those are for”. So we handed back the tokens and checked out. Spending 70 dollars in a store that treated us like crap and almost felt like she had a personal vendetta against us. We then walked to the tap room. Only to see another couple take the same token taken away from us and hand it to the bartender which she then placed in a large cup with a TON of the same tokens! We couldn’t believe it so we asked the bartender what the tokens are for and she said a complimentary free drink. My husband was furious we were lied to! All over someone being nice and giving away their 2 free drinks!!! So he walked back and got back our 2 tokens and Tina offered to explain but my husband was done with the treatment we received and decided not to listen and walked away. We used our nicely donated tokens for a free drink and left!!! Tina guess what, the tap room knew exactly what to do with the token and also with the hundred other tokens they had in the cup. So my guess is, this wasn’t a new service that Tina just didn’t know about. I told the lady walking out my story and she said she would have me talk to the supervisor Ron. Ron was busy and couldn’t help me but she gave me an email and phone number to address the problem. One of the shirts we bought was the wrong the size so I had to go back 5 days later. On my way in, I saw Tina giving a tour. Funny! You would think someone that gives tours, and doesn’t just do the gift shop, would especially know what the tokens are for? At the gift shop Ron was there so I told him the story. He handled it amazing, so thanks! Which is why they get 3 stars and not 0!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Awesome experience! Free tour, and free beer! Learn a little bit, drink a little bit! They have a stable on site with a few Clydesdales in house. Very cool!

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 March 2018

My adult sons and i had a good visit to the brewery. We started with lunch at biergarten which was quite good. Mostly, we had burgers and flight of beers but service was friendly and the food/drink was all good.

The tour basic tour i would rate as "ok". It's free, in general, so i guess that's why, but i did have to pay $5 for each of us so i was sure we got a spot. I felt like we got some good info, saw the klydesdales too, but even tho we saw some big vats of beer, we really didn't see much of a "working" brewery going - no workers in fact, except a guy painting. (I've been to the tour in busch gardens VA, years ago, and saw actual canning or bottling going on - was more impressive.) They do give you a sense of the history involved here, and the gift shop had a huge range of items to find. I don't know - it just a felt a bit hurried and light on content. Maybe next time i'd book one of the more complete tours? not sure i'd do it again tho.

1  Thank John B