“July Fourth Trip”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Grand Center / Midtown
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Best Barbecue Joint in the Midwest. Great ribs, fried corn on the cob, vegetables. No alcoholic beverages, just soda pop, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc. Had known about this place for awhile. Went there on our recent trip to St. Lou. Was not disappointed. The ribs just melted in my mouth. Will definitely return for another slab of ribs. Highly recommended!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,339)

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

I've been here several times and it's definitely one of my "go to" BBQ places in the Midwest. Pappy's is legendary in the area and for good reason... try just about anything on the menu and you'll bee pleased. My personal favorite is the chicken. Surprisingly, i wasn't overly enamored with the ribs. Don't get me wrong, they were delish! Just not in a "holy cow!!" sort of way. I'll try then again since they did seem a bit less meaty than i thought they would be.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

What I ordered: The Big Ben (Split with 3 other friends)
They are famous for their ribs and now I know why. They are simply the best I have ever had. They are a must try! They offer 4 different sauces all with a unique flavor and spice for the person who might not be able to decide. We came on the 4th of July and the line was backed out the door but we got to our seat quickly and got our food even faster. They only make enough food for that day, that is why their meat is so fresh, so make sure you call ahead for possibly early closing times!

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Sampled everything and it was great. Some of the best ribs I've had....very good portions on the sandwiches. The only slight negative ( and I'm stretching ) was the crowd. Felt like I needed to rush so they can have a feee table- staff DID NOT make me feel that way- they were just crazy busy. Staff did a great job with line and having table scoped out for us after order. Super fast for amount of people....there is a reason they have so much national acclaim- I just like small hole in wall atmosphere.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

I've had bbq everywhere on the planet. I've been to every state in the U.S. and tried almost all the hot-spots for bbq. There are a lot of great places for ribs in America, but I think Pappy's Smokehouse may be one of the best I've ever had in America. The wait is real and they run out every day so you'll want to get there early.