Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre
Reviewed 18 September 2017

My husband and I attended the mystery show last night and we had the best time. The food was very good...I had the steak and it was cooked to perfection. The service was spot on and the show was so funny. The actors kept everyone entertained. We will surely be back!

bschepker, General Manager at Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thanks for your great comments. And we can't wait to see again

All reviews
"characters"
"neighborhoods"
"clues"

Reviewed 18 June 2017

I planned this activity for my family and friends for my birthday weekend. I had heard great reviews for this location. When we arrived the atmosphere, décor and history was the best part. It was authentic and seemed it would make for a great experience. The participants were an eclectic group; couples, bridal parties and colleagues. I asked when making reservation if 14 year olds would be okay I was told yes. Due to the eclectic group there were some inappropriate things happening that I wouldn't have subjected the 14 year old too. So be mindful it isn't censored or monitored in a way that you can protect what will happen. The food was quite appetizing and we were surprised at the quality when it came out. We expected bland or cheap but it was nice fulfilling meal. Now for the show it was mediocre. The actors were amateurs and it was apparent, apparently that can make or break the fun. Cause the show that was happening upstairs were clearly having a great time as we could hear them. So it left us feeling like we didn't get the best show of the night. Overall it was a fun experience and something different but the show itself was a bummer.

bschepker, General Manager at Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Thanks for your review. I am curious as to who your actors were that night? If you can give me the date that you were here, I will be able to check my actors schedule and find out who performed for your show...just for our records.

I appreciate your feedback and hope the next time you are in St. Louis that you will come again.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

I always shy away from dinner theater because of my severe gluten intolerance. This dinner at Bissell Mansion, far exceeded my expectations of dinner theater fare with a choice of steak, fish or chicken. The food was excellently prepared and they accommodated my dietary needs perfectly. The servers were great.

The murder mystery was such fun! The actors, Delia and John, were amazing. They mingled with the audience, prompted participation and had perfect timing with the script as well as abundant ad lib. The evening flew by and was incredibly enjoyable.

bschepker, General Manager at Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thank you so much for your grand review. Everyone at the Bissell Mansion appreciates your business and hope you will come back and spend another evening with us!

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Their service is good but that is about it. The food is subpar. Also, this is not a kid friendly show it was very sexual and inappropriate. Not to mention they split our band group up when we asked not too and we were put in a separate room with all adults. To to mention all of the adults were drunk. Overall do not come here it is not worth it. It's bad

bschepker, General Manager at Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Thanks for your review

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

100 students and chaperones enjoyed a very entertaining evening here. The food choices were varied enough to satisfy everyone: fish, chicken and beef Vegetarian plates available, too. The food is like a regular banquet, not gourmet "high dollar". It was tasty and I ate everything . But Im not a picky eater. Some kids barely touched their plates, but teens can be that way. The entertainment staff was prepared and enthusiastic and involved so many kids and adults. Speaking parts were given to those who wanted them. Quiet ones could opt out of speaking parts. There are several innuendos that were salty enough to be funny but not offensive. The history of the mansion was given to me and my friend after we expressed an interest. Down side, old houses are hard to heat and cool. Our end of the table was right over the air conditioning vent. We got really cold, but had fun anyway. Our choir kids laughed, cheered, screamed, and applauded through the entire evening!!!

bschepker, General Manager at Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Thanks so much for bringing your group. It sounds like they enjoyed the evening as much as we enjoyed having them.

Travellers who viewed Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre also viewed

Been to Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre? Share your experiences!