“Great entertainment ”

Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

The staff members are so nice and welcoming. The murder mystery show was funny and the audience participation in the show was great. The food was decent for the price and there was a full bar onsite. They do need to upgrade the dessert. The pudding was gross.

bschepker, General Manager at Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thanks so much...I agree about the dessert last weekend we did have a problem with our mousse.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"participants"
"neighborhoods"

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

So. I'll put it out there up front. The location is not the greatest, sketchy is putting it nicely. It's in one of the older areas and has seen better days. Our GPS had us go through some really rough neighborhoods and I thought we had to have the wrong address. Nope. We found it and I'm glad we did not just abandon the idea due to the area. We suggest as did the police officer to come in off of Grand ave.

First the parking lot was secured. And had a police officer there for safety. Make sure to get there on time, we had a couple get there late and had to park on the street since the closed the gate per the couple.

We got inside and was told we would be upstairs, checked in, got our lines (yes you may have to be part of the show. It was fun though and the actors made it pretty easy to play your role). They had a cash bar and appetizers(crab Rangoon, fried raviolis, fried jalapeño potato thing, veggie tray and cheese,crackers and bread).

The show, staff (actors & wait) and food all great. The show is a little corny with the jokes, but that just made it better. If you are a looking for a drama and non participating show then this is NOT for you. I don't like getting up in front of people and I lived.

They do put a 10% gratuity on the check that can be mistaken for taxes. We gave an additional 10% since we had such a good time.

We had a great time. We even got a few free drinks because of a mix up and had to move seats twice. Which was no biggie for us, but it was nice to see a place that will go out of their way to fix a mix up.

bschepker, General Manager at Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thanks so much for your good review. The Bissell Mansion is St. Louis' oldest brick home and located in one of the oldest neighborhoods in the city. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will allow us to serve you again.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We did this as part of an anniversary weekend - the jokes were corny, the food was decent but at the end of the day the whole thing just had a real nice sense of charm about it.

bschepker, General Manager at Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thanks for your great review. I hope you spend your next anniversary with the Bissell Mansion. We certainly appreciate and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

My husband and I attended the mystery show last night and we had the best time. The food was very good...I had the steak and it was cooked to perfection. The service was spot on and the show was so funny. The actors kept everyone entertained. We will surely be back!

bschepker, General Manager at Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thanks for your great comments. And we can't wait to see again

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 June 2017

I planned this activity for my family and friends for my birthday weekend. I had heard great reviews for this location. When we arrived the atmosphere, décor and history was the best part. It was authentic and seemed it would make for a great experience. The participants were an eclectic group; couples, bridal parties and colleagues. I asked when making reservation if 14 year olds would be okay I was told yes. Due to the eclectic group there were some inappropriate things happening that I wouldn't have subjected the 14 year old too. So be mindful it isn't censored or monitored in a way that you can protect what will happen. The food was quite appetizing and we were surprised at the quality when it came out. We expected bland or cheap but it was nice fulfilling meal. Now for the show it was mediocre. The actors were amateurs and it was apparent, apparently that can make or break the fun. Cause the show that was happening upstairs were clearly having a great time as we could hear them. So it left us feeling like we didn't get the best show of the night. Overall it was a fun experience and something different but the show itself was a bummer.

bschepker, General Manager at Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Thanks for your review. I am curious as to who your actors were that night? If you can give me the date that you were here, I will be able to check my actors schedule and find out who performed for your show...just for our records.

I appreciate your feedback and hope the next time you are in St. Louis that you will come again.

Travellers who viewed Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre also viewed

Been to Bissell Mansion Restaurant & Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre? Share your experiences!