“WOW! Terrific Barbecue perfectly prepared”

Bogart's Smokehouse
Ranked #4 of 2,970 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Soulard
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We chose Bogarts based upon the Trip Advisor rating. Bullseye!
Fantastic, The potato salad is heavenly. The coleslaw is as well!
Large selection of meats, generous portions to die for.
What more can be said,
I had the 1/2 rack of ribs. Perfection. The pulled pork was too.
I'd eat here at least one a week if I Lived closeby.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,211)

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

My family and I tried Bogarts based off of reviews and it didn't disappoint. We had ribs, turkey, and brisket. Brisket was a little fatty but everything was good. Only complaint was the seating area was tiny, no high chairs available, and we got there early and still had a wait but I think it's because it is so small inside.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Have been trying to eat and review different BBQ places and Bogart's is the first place that I have been that I liked all food that was served. Some places the BBQ is great but the bean or cole slaw is bad. or Beans great but BBQ meat is dry or tough.
I would like to saw to Mike (the owner) that this was the best so far.
Congratulations to him and the staff.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

We've been to Pappy's a couple of times in past trips to St. Louis, and we've been hoping to try Bogarts. This trip we made it. It didn't have the long line like Pappy's has, but the food was just as good. Among the 4 if us we had ribs, tri-tip, Turkey, brisket and pastrami. They were all great. If you love good BBQ, this is among the best 3-4 places.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

We found this little corner restaurant here on tripadvisor and decided to check it out our first night in St. Louis. It was a Friday night and we were hungry early so headed over. After a comical 20 minutes of dueling gps/smart phones giving opposite direction we found it. The food was just amazing, so fresh and delicious. The baked bean side dish was unique and the best we had in St. Louis. The staff was nice and welcoming. We stumbled upon it again Saturday afternoon and the line stretched 1/2 block long. I know Papp's is rated #1 but this could easily tie for first.