“Great Menu!”
Review of Taste

Taste
Ranked #245 of 2,950 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2017

Taste has a great menu with a wide array of options. You should order several plates to share though as there are only a few things you could consider a full meal. The ground pork burger is great, and you can add a fried egg to the top of it. Nothing beats an over easy egg yolk on a burger.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

My husband and I shared a pork burger with bacon and cheese, (we don't keep Kosher, nor are we vegetarian) which also comes with fries (nor on a diet.) It was divine. Made even the good burgers of my palate memory seem ordinary. We also shared a plate of their housemade pickles - a generous plate with an almost whimsical variety of pickled vegetables (my favorite were the carrots and beets.) I like to think the pickles offset the burger, in the cardiac balance of life, but the food at Taste is so good I don't care if it shortens my life. I have had the bacon-fat fried cornbread there more times than I care to confess, and look forward to my next serving of said bread more than I look forward to another year in assisted living 50 years hence.
Note-We were seated in the upstairs loft, at a communal table, since seating is very limited at Taste on the weekends when the patio is closed. We found it cozy, charming and convivial - not the northern outpost it may appear to be from the main dining floor.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

It's the best chicken I've ever had at a restaurant. Sooooo good.
The wine paired with it, though could of been better.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

We had a great experience at Taste. We went on a Saturday evening with another couple and the wait was about 45 minutes (we took the opportunity to walk down the street and have some drinks at SubZero Vodka Bar while we waited). We were seated in the outdoor space at Taste which I would recommend when there is good weather.

They serve mostly tapas which was good for us. We order their fried okra, bacon fried cornbread, and fried cheese curds (can you see a theme her :) ). Our favorite was the cheese curds. While the waiter mentioned that the fried cornbread was one on the more popular items, we thought it was just average (nothing special).

We also ordered the flank steak, gnudi, and fish. All were excellent.
Between the four of us, we had 6-7 dishes and that was sufficiently filling. The drinks were also well made and our waiter was quite knowledgeable about their wine selections as well as cocktails.

I would go there again. I would highly recommend using the "No Wait" app to serve a space in line prior to going to the restaurant so that you can better plan your visit and not have to wait too long for a table.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

Great place in the CWE for dinner. The small plates we tried were all excellent. My husband especially loved the garlic potatoes, and I loved the cheese curds. The atmosphere was great - lots of people and dim lighting. Our service was good, and we had a great time! Great place to eat in the CWE.