“Triple Berry Gooey Butter Cake to die for!! ”

Russell's On Macklind
Ranked #43 of 3,082 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I feel like leaving California for this I died and went to heaven with every bite. California needs this.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

It was spectacular! The flowers on the table, special DR decorated cookies, the cocktails (I can't say enough of their bloody marys WOW), and the incredible food. Everyone loved the service and the food!!!!

Reviewed 30 August 2017

It was suggested we try gooey butter cake while in St. Louis and this place was recommended. It did not disappoint. We sat at the coffee bar since we were doing dessert and coffee. Our server was absolutely the best. She was helpful in choosing what to try and a great conversationalist. I wish I could remember her name, but we wish her luck in her senior year of college and remind her SHE MUST GO TO SPAIN!!!! It was a very nice atmosphere. I think this is a can't miss if you are in St. Louis!

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

St. Louis abounds in great restaurants and we just discovered another one. Russell's has great outdoor dining space and matched with a varied menu that doesn't disappoint. From the cheese puffs to the Caprese salad and the delicious Snapper... we somehow found a little space for some original gooey butter cake. Beyond the outdoor seating there is ample room inside and upstairs as well. Kurt was a very knowledgeable server and advised us well. Thanks Russells we'll be back again.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Having brunch on the patio just cannot be beat! We have gone for brunch, lunch, dinner and just walking by (too many times...) to grab a dessert to take home! Their peanut butter chocolate dipped cookies are my all time favorite as well as their Gooey Butter Cake. Gooey Butter is not as rich as traditional Saint Louis style Gooey Butter and the reason it is my choice. The owner and all other employees are very friendly.