“Surprising!!”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

The cinnamon rolls were huge and delicious! Entrees were very large and perfect for sharing. Mimosas were tasty and perfect for brunch.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

I met the manager/owner when I came in. We were the only customers (I believe they had just opened). He allowed me to take a self guided tour upstairs to see the extra seating and bar area. He told me about the outdoor space and how lively it is when the weather is nice. I appreciated all the extra attention as I am not from the area and found them on a list of desserts to try in St Louis.
With all that said the gooey butter cake did not disappoint. The texture is different than others that I have had and is more like a shortbread cookie with the gooey butter top. It is hella sweet and may be overwhelmingly so for some. But every butter cake is. I tried the original and chocolate chip. I bet the ones with fruit are even better.

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

I recently moved to the St Louis area and have been searching for a solid brunch stop. Russell’s on Macklind hit the spot!

I arrived at 10:30 am on a Saturday and was seated right away at the bar. When I left an hour later there was a 20 minute wait.

The French toast I ordered was PHENOMENAL! It was a good size portion and served with fresh berries and a delicious lemon curd. As others ordered lunch items around me the portions were generous as well. I can’t wait to return!

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Cute place, nice atmosphere, attentive service, amazing bakery, innovative menu, tasty Bloody Mary. All thumbs up

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

My first time to visit Russell’s. It was for my daughter’s wedding reception. Not my first choice and still not my choice. I know the neighborhood just loves the place and I’m sure it is great for breakfast and their desserts. However, I was so disappointed in the reception dinner. We had several choices for a sit down dinner. The guests said the strip steak was excellent, the meatloaf wrapped in bacon was delicious and I had the vegetarian dish of roasted veggies and ricotta filled gnocchi. What a mistake for me. The veggies had a burnt taste and the gnocchi was so salty I could not eat it. I was offered another selection, but nothing else appealed to me. So, there was an extra child’s Mac and cheese and I had that for dinner. I make better Mac and cheese. So things did not start out good for me from the very beginning. Sorry I can’t say love the place and will go back, but I’ve had better. Everyone there was very nice. They made a special cake that the bride a groom choose. It was very good but because the cake layers were baked so uneven, it had to have Hugh amounts of butter cream covering up the layers. Very rich cake with good flavor. When I got the bill a two tier cake was almost $600. Not worth it. Wish I could have said better things about the local restaurant, but I did not enjoy it