“Good food and cute atmosphere ”
Review of Cafe telegraph

Cafe telegraph
Ranked #224 of 2,970 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

My family and I and a few friends had dinner at Cafe Telegraph this past weekend. I had the CBC smoked gringo cheesesteak and loved it, and I heard the pizza is really good but we did not try it. All of their menu items are named after the local schools which was fun. They have a small section with BBQ fare which seems to be what they are known for. The prices were good and the portions were substantial. The restaurant is very casual and there was live music on the Friday evening we were there which was a nice touch. Our service was very good; just FYI they added an 18% gratuity to our tab but it was likely bc we had 7 people in our party. I will definitely return so that I can try another item from their extensive menu!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Dropped by for lunch and found that place to be very good on all accounts. Seated quickly with smiling faces and a great server. The food came quickly and was well received by everyone at our table. The pulled pork, burger and pork tenderloin were all given thumbs up. The prices are about what you would expect $12 and up, but want to come back and try a dinner.

1  Thank Dan L
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

So many options on the menu to choose from for everyone. I had the gluten free pizza and it was very good. There are many veggie as well as meat toppings and the pizza can be vegan without the cheese. The fried green tomatoes were a slight bit greasy, but crisp on the outside. My friend enjoyed his "gerber type sandwich , but said the house cheese was a bit strange. We would go there again.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Our group visited early on a Friday afternoon. Just before we arrived, a large group was seated in front of us from a local funeral. Little did we know that it would be over an hour before was received our food. They offer a wide selections of salads, sandwiches and pizzas. Our pork tenderloin sandwich was a huge portion but served on a burnt toasted bun. The Reuben also arrived on well blackened bread. Service was slow due to the overwhelmed kitchen that day, but I can not recommend this place to you.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

I went here with my mom and dad. We had chicken modega and a pork steak. It was all very good. We also had the gringo dip as an appetizer. It was okay.