“A great Chinese Take-out find.”
Review of China 1

China 1
Ranked #1,587 of 2,992 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I have been looking for a decent take-out Chinese place for three years and finally found one. This is in a little strip of buisnesses. It is run by a family. They are always friendly when i come in (I have been here three or four times now, so maybe starting to look like a regular).

Food is great. Portions Huge. I love that they have dinner specials as well as lunch specials. So many chinese places offer the lunch size portion with egg roll and rice at lunch but not at dinner. This place recognizes some of us want the same combo for evening meals, and offer it. GREAT idea. The hot and sour soup is the best I think I have had. It is hot, but nicely sour too. But it is hot. I had the shrimp with garlic sauce. Good. And last week had the Lo-Mein. I ordered shrimp lo-mein, but next time I will ask for veggie lo-mein as I prefer to have lots of veggies in mine and less meat. Mine was short on veggies as Shrimp lo-mein. (probably my fault).
Food is good taste, great portions (enough for two meals). And I love supporting a local family business. I will be back, hope you are too. You can eat in. But it is a simply decorated chinese place that feels much more like it is set for carry-out. The tables look worn, but are clean. I would rather do take-out, but if you want to diine in you have that option.