“Of all the Italian Restaurants - this has got to be one of the BEST!”
Review of Trattoria Marcella

Trattoria Marcella
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Marcella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 3,082 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lindenwood Park
Reviewed 16 April 2018

My daughter and I had dinner there last week. This is not the first time we had been to Trattoria Marcella. I was in St. Louis for a visit and missed having dinner there and was very happy to see we were able to be seated without a wait.

Their food is stupendous. Service is good and the servers are both pleasant and courteous. My daughter ordered the Speidini and I had the Chicken Risotto. It was above and beyond delicious. They have a Lobster Risotto, which I believe may be one of their signature dishes and I have ordered that in the past and decided to try the chicken. Not disappointed. My portion was huge and impossible to eat at a sitting, so i took it home for dinner the next day. Even more favorable. Salad - their Caesar Salad is the best in St. Louis. I could make a meal of this salad,. It is yummy. We ordered a medium priced wine $25-27.00 and contrary to the low end price it was very very good and a perfect compliment to the meal. Do yourself and a dinner companion(s) a favor and have dinner here. You will not be disappointed, I guarantee it.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

We went there on a Fri night and I had made a reservation the week before -- they didn't have our res- we had to wait at the bar! I ordered the lobster risotto and I was a bit disappointed-- I expected a creamy sauce and it was in a tomato sauce with cooked spinach -- it was good, but just not what I expected! My daughter had lasagna and it looked delicious! It was in a huge casserole dish, enough for 2-3 people! If I went back - I would be sure to get the name of the person taking the reservation and I would have the lasagna!!!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Located on the Hill in St. Louis, Marcella Trattoria is a lovely location for dinner. The subdued colors and lighting, add to the comfortable, elegant atmosphere. Everyone at our table ordered a different Italian classic and praised how delicious their food was. The food menu is supported by a comprehensive wine and cocktail list. Service is excellent! Despite water being spilled in the middle of our table, our waiter, Joe, kept everyone dry and the evening smooth. Joe’s service helped make the evening memorable. You should go out of your way to experience this restaurant.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I visited Trattoria Marcella with my son and his girlfriend. We had a good bottle of wine along with excellent food. The three of us have different dishes so we have the opportunity to taste the 3 different dishes, al of them were great.

The broschetta is excelent so don't miss that.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

the food is just fantastic from the lobster risotto, to my favorite which is the pasta in a pink sause with cauliflower and schrimp and another fav is the brussel sprout salad and the service is fantastic make sure if you visit st. louis to put them on your list