“Seems to have lost some luster”
Review of Trattoria Marcella

Trattoria Marcella
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Marcella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 3,082 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lindenwood Park
Reviewed 19 April 2018

I was unfortunately disappointed with a recent meal and feel as if the quality has been slowly slipping over the years. Starting with the positive, however, the service was outstanding. It was the food that was disappointing. The lasagna was runny and not dense as it used to be. The calamari pieces were so tiny that you really got no flavor out of them other than they were fried. The toasted ravioli while generous in size and portion simply didn't have much taste. The salmon was so overcooked it was burnt. I just think a restaurant this famous should be doing more to insure quality food.

1  Thank farrah40

Reviewed 18 April 2018

This is the best restaurant in St. Louis, hands down. You have to try it out - from the hummus with the rolls, to the flash fried spinach and calimari, you will be drooling just smelling the delicious dishes! Great for families and large groups. Ask for Mike Key - he is an amazing waiter!

Reviewed 16 April 2018

My daughter and I had dinner there last week. This is not the first time we had been to Trattoria Marcella. I was in St. Louis for a visit and missed having dinner there and was very happy to see we were able to be seated without a wait.

Their food is stupendous. Service is good and the servers are both pleasant and courteous. My daughter ordered the Speidini and I had the Chicken Risotto. It was above and beyond delicious. They have a Lobster Risotto, which I believe may be one of their signature dishes and I have ordered that in the past and decided to try the chicken. Not disappointed. My portion was huge and impossible to eat at a sitting, so i took it home for dinner the next day. Even more favorable. Salad - their Caesar Salad is the best in St. Louis. I could make a meal of this salad,. It is yummy. We ordered a medium priced wine $25-27.00 and contrary to the low end price it was very very good and a perfect compliment to the meal. Do yourself and a dinner companion(s) a favor and have dinner here. You will not be disappointed, I guarantee it.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

We went there on a Fri night and I had made a reservation the week before -- they didn't have our res- we had to wait at the bar! I ordered the lobster risotto and I was a bit disappointed-- I expected a creamy sauce and it was in a tomato sauce with cooked spinach -- it was good, but just not what I expected! My daughter had lasagna and it looked delicious! It was in a huge casserole dish, enough for 2-3 people! If I went back - I would be sure to get the name of the person taking the reservation and I would have the lasagna!!!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Located on the Hill in St. Louis, Marcella Trattoria is a lovely location for dinner. The subdued colors and lighting, add to the comfortable, elegant atmosphere. Everyone at our table ordered a different Italian classic and praised how delicious their food was. The food menu is supported by a comprehensive wine and cocktail list. Service is excellent! Despite water being spilled in the middle of our table, our waiter, Joe, kept everyone dry and the evening smooth. Joe’s service helped make the evening memorable. You should go out of your way to experience this restaurant.