“Why didn't I get here sooner?!”

Connelly's Goody-goody Diner
Ranked #292 of 3,093 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 June 2015

Although I have lived in Saint Louis for quite some time, I did not hear about the Goody Goody Diner until about a year ago, and just got there for the first time two weeks ago. My friends and I went there for lunch around 11:30 AM, and found the place packed, and wound up parking on the street as the lot was full. Please do not be deterred by this, as it is worth any difficulty you may have parking, and the waits are short. We checked in at the front desk, and stood around for about 15 minutes until a table was available.

Having read reviews of the GGD, I knew I was going for the chicken and waffles (2 piece dark meat and half a Belgian waffle). My friends got a fish sandwich and a fried chicken platter. The chicken was crisp on the outside, juicy (but perfectly done) inside. The waffle was the big surprise: It was feather-light, what you would expect if you used tempura batter to make a waffle. Absolutely delicious and, with syrup, the perfect accompaniment to the chicken. My friends were equally pleased with the fish sandwich and chicken platter, and we agreed that we would have to get back here again soon. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

1  Thank Bill F

Reviewed 29 November 2014 via mobile

Everything we've ordered here is good-ie good-ie! Omlets, chicken, waffles, bacon and sausage are always cooked fresh and delicious. I live in California and Roscoes don't have nothin on this place.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I was in St. Louis working and stumbled upon Goody's driving Natural Bridge to the airport. The sign says it has been in business since the 1940's so I quickly turned into the driveway. The menu is extensive and filled with many tantalizing choices but I stuck with the basic- chicken and waffles. Wow! This was some of the best fried chicken that I have ever had! Not greasy and great flavor along with tender chicken. It was amazing- the waffles were delicious too.
I also really liked the vibe of the place- very mixed clientele and waitstaff- all types of people- this is a Real place. Can't wait to go back the next time I am in town.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

This week I have visited alot of hometown eat 's that I missed while living here fulltime! I was very impressed! The staff was nice the food was great and hot! I have no complaints! It is so reasonable compared to where I live. It's just a pleasure all the way around!

1  Thank Stephanie C
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was a bit of a drive for us from our hotel, but we were not disappointed. We were seated immediately this place was busy. I ordered a breakfast bowl with biscuits and gravy. The waitress was attentive to a certain extent, but due to the busy breakfast time. Thanks to Greg he kept our drinks filled. The atmosphere, is pleasant you can tell they have been in business for a while and the business is good. I have no complaint with the food. The wait time was a bit excessive from ordering to getting food, but then again I expect to wait a bit longer for great tasting food.