“Iconic!”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We went in at the later portion of lunch hour ( they close at 2). Three out of four of us had breakfast specialities, which are served all day. True American diner cusine, totally decadent, not terribly healthy and totally delicious Try "the Slinger" a beef patty, scrambled egg, hash Brown Chile and cheese delight....

1  Thank 87,181

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

When a restaurant has decades of a family history and quality food, to see it decline in the hands of new owners is sad. The highlight of the meal: the rhyming host. Even all of the servers are new in a place rich in 20 year plus employees. Needless to say the food and its taste is on a rapid decline, as well. Bacon is not good anymore. Burgers are not the same patties. Even potatoes lack substance. I hope they can rebound and regain what once made then a household name, that being the food being "goody goody."

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Got bored at the arch so headed over here to try their amazing chicken and waffles. Some of the best fried chicken I've ever had.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Pulled up and didnt look like much. Packed parking lot though. Went in. And a bunch of people in line. Luckily it was for take out. While we waited for a second one guy said he stops here every time he's in town. "Every time". We then met Sly. The host and he gave us some rhymes and really caught me off guard but in a good way. Diner is pretty nice and seemed clean. Service was very attentive. Sly told me the chicken & waffles were the specialty so of course I had those. Just did the half waffle and 3 wings. My mistake. The chicken had a sweet & spicy glaze that was amazing on a very crisp full chicken wing. The waffle was so good it didnt need syrup. After finishing I wanted more. My wife got the breakfast bowl and loved it as well. She said it was all very fresh & crisp tasting as far as the veggies in it go.

If you dont stop here you are missing out. These were by far the beat wings I had anywhere in our 3 day visit and Sly is someone you have to meet.

1  Thank Arrin F
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

This is our first time in St. Louis and tried this place for breakfast. Best decision!!! The food was excellent, awesome service, everybody was very friendly. The area isn't that great, but definitely worth trying. Guaranteed!