“Family or Date Restaurant ”

Carmine's Steak House
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Walnut Street
Description: Carmine's Steak House, located in the heart of downtown St. Louis in the newly renovated Drury Plaza Hotel, promises and delivers the finest in aged steaks, hand-cut chops, rack of lamb, chicken and seafood entrees, as well as Lombardo's signature toasted ravioli. House made desserts, from our in house pastry chef. Extensive wine list. With private rooms that can accommodate 10-170 people and nightly complimentary valet parking, Carmine's offers convenience for tourists, business meetings, and local diners alike.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were traveling with two young children. Our reservation was for 6:15 and when we entered on a Tuesday evening we were about the only folks there. It filled up throughout the evening. Wait staff was attentive and professional. We had Cameron. Food was better than expected. With particular eaters we got them the daily pasta (vegetarian) meal with lots of sides for them to try - Onion Rings, Mushroom Risotto, and Twice Baked Potatoes. For being picky kids they liked everything. Strip was cooked perfectly and my lady thoroughly enjoyed the Carmine Filet.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (487)

Reviewed 16 March 2021 via mobile

Well I accidentally booked this restaurant thinking it was Carmines Italian restaurant found in other cities. It was a decent place, the staff was friendly and attentive. The food was ok. I enjoyed my risotto and thinly sliced beef, my son enjoyed his chicken. My husband and daughter got a filet and rib eye and thought it was tough, we have had better, but there are a lot of steakhouses out there.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 14 March 2021

My husband and I visited St. Louis for 1 night and chose to eat here and it was the best decision!! Apps and bread were divine and lobster and risotto were exceptional!!! Will definitely eat here again if we are ever back in St. Louis!!

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 2 February 2021

We visited your restaurant last evening as our reservation was at 4:00 pm. The purpose was to celebrate my sister in law's wedding. To my surprise, the food was very displeasing. After reading your 5 star reviews, we were taken aback with our experience. My sister's steak was overcooked, literally charred. My fiance's steak was tender but not seasoned. My brother in law's chicken quarter was small without flavor of any kind. There was paprika everywhere; an overload of paprika literally on all plates. My salmon was dry and unseasoned. The entire meal was not worth $332.00.
We mentioned it to the waitress. A lady with long blonde hair came over to our table. We mentioned it to her; however she gave us the dirtiest look ever so we decided to write to management. Our entire experience left a bad taste. We were the only ones dining at that point so we were very concerned about the fidelity that was placed into creating our meals that totaled $332.00 plus the tip.
$332.00 for a meal that we did not enjoy and management did not even attempt to assist us in our concerns about the tasteless meal. A piece of cheesecake was offered to my sister in law before we left. This was the biggest insult.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank d0ct0rar
Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

First time visit and won’t be my last. Had the bone in ribeye and couldn’t of been better! Excellent service along with some great wine what more can you ask for. Thanks for a great evening celebrating are anniversary. Nice touch with you surprising us with dessert. A+!!

Date of visit: January 2021