“Great find”
Review of Adam's Smokehouse

Adam's Smokehouse
Ranked #23 of 3,042 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

We were at the zoo and looking for somewhere to eat. Did a search on trip advisor and decide to try this place. The friendliest service in town. The food was delicious. We had brisket, tri tip and ribs between the four of us and it all was great. We will differently be back.

2  Thank Ambr64

Reviewed 4 November 2016

I went to Adam's Smokehouse after a long work meeting. The place is small. You place your order at the counter and they bring it out to you. I ordered a Montreal Meat sandwich which is smoked corned beef on marble rye bread. They only have Montreal Meat on Fridays so I lucked out. The sandwich was delicious. They have a variety of sauces on the table. The sandwich came with two sides. I had the mac and cheese and cole slaw. The mac and cheese was a little disappointing as I was hoping for creamy rich baked mac and cheese. I got shell noodles in a thin white cheese sauce. It had good flavor but it was not what I was expecting. Overall I had a very good lunch and would definitely go back when I'm in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

First let me say, review of food is highly subjective. I love grilling and BBQ. I have some education and have graduated BBQ University (Yes there is a BBQU). I know that much of St. Louis likes sweet and Adams provides that.

Immediately upon entering, we could tell that these people are serious about making it a great experience and they do. Very friendly and helpful. We ordered ribs, brisket and sides of potato salad and pit beans.

The ribs are grilled dry and like Bogarts, they finish the ribs with a glaze that is flame caramelized. The trouble is for me is the glaze was way to sweet and way to salty. That and the ribs were fall off the bone overdone. The Pros cook to Al dente, the meat should stay on the bone and you should leave teeth marks from your bite. I really think that the ribs would have been great if they just used the dry rub (Which is available if you ask in advance) and they weren't over cooked. Good BBQ like much other cooking should have layers of taste. Meat, smoke, rub and optional sauce. None should overwhelm.

I think the brisket was very good, keep in mind that brisket does not have a glaze and just a touch of the Carolina sauce gives another layer of taste.

Potato salad was great. The pit beans again were to sweet for my taste.

Great people and service of all the staff. From the reviews a majority of people like this style though I do wish that All BBQ restaurants offer plain dry rub or glazed up from as options. Great music.

A TripAdvisor Member
Dawson Springs, Kentucky
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Went after visiting the botanical garden. BBQ sandwich was awesome, as was the potato salad and pit beans!

Reviewed 23 October 2016

I have ate BBQ all over the USA Texas, Kansas, all Deep southern states and this is the very best ribs and burnt ends I have experienced. If you live in Saint Louis, or visit you must stop in for a great meal, the pit beans are also one of a king (Great!) The Salome is home made and just the best as well.

I will be returning very soon and often, thank you for taking such pride in the food.