“Nice business Dinner ”

Cuisines: American, Asian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

We had a business function for the holidays. .. excellent service for the party. They really took care of us. The menu selection was varied with beef, poultry, fish, and vegetable. ... i had the salmon, vary tasty. The dried spiced pasta sticks were so fun!!!! Good happy hour also....

Reviewed 14 October 2015

We always come here when we come to St Louis. The service is great. The food is always creative and really well done. Try the vegetarian plate and the flash fried spinach! To die for...

Reviewed 13 October 2015

We decided to try this creative, fun restaurant during Parent's Weekend at Washington U. I was immediately impressed by the locale - a quaint street along a park. I was then impressed with the building and decor. It looks small on the outside, but huge and very artsy-upscale on the inside. Our waitress was incredibly friendly and helpful, and made great suggestions for brunch. Live jazz was a fantastic trumpeter and keyboardist.
All this was fine and good, until I got to the dessert! I had the orange-chocolate creme brulee, and was supposed to be sharing it with my husband. One bite in, I had a really hard time letting him have any. I'd say it was in the top 3 desserts I've had in my entire life! It was all I could do not to order another. My son's apple pie with cinnamon ice cream was to die for, also. This is now my favorite St. Louis restaurant, hands down. We will come here every time we're in town. And feel very cool, hip, and young doing so!

1  Thank Wonderbebe100
Reviewed 18 September 2015

We were not able to go out for dinner on our anniversary so we decided to do a Sunday Brunch. There are many choices for brunch in St. Louis and most of those we have tried are good. We had not been to Jimmy's for brunch for quite awhile and we decided that their Jazz Brunch would suit us just fine. What a great decision. We arrived before the music started, were seated immediately, served water and within a minute later at most we were greeted by our excellent server, Adele. Ordered Bloody Mary's, they had to be the best $5 bloody in town. The music began and the ambience was just perfect. Great music from a duo at just the right volume. My wife ordered the Smoked Shrimp Omelet and I ordered the Vegetable Eggs Benedict. Both were excellent. Very nice combination od spinach and stewed tomatoes with the poached eggs with just the perfect touch of hollandaise, not overdone as so many places do it. After our meal we retreated to the bar area as the duo was still putting out very good music. We each had a cocktail at the bar and had a conversation with the owner, Jimmy Kristo, who was the Host that day and initially seated us. What a truly nice guy. Thank you Jimmy, Adele and the rest of the staff for making our anniversary brunch so delightful.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

My family ate here today for brunch, to celebrate my son's 30th birthday party. This place is in a small commercial area, surrounded by homes, a school, and (obviously) a park. The neighborhood and commercial area both are attractive. The restaurant has an attractive interior. Service is excellent, and the food is very good. We mostly had eggs dishes (veggie frittata, veggie benedict, cheese omelet), plus a chicken crepe. The dishes came with a croissant, fruit, and fried potatoes. Everything was tasty! My son was treated to a free small dessert adorned with a sparkler! A nice place for brunch. This place also has jazz music playing during part of the brunch. On Sunday and Monday nights, they have a prix fixe menu for dinner.