“Glad they're back in business”

Sister Cities Cajun and BBQ
Ranked #543 of 2,971 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I used to go to Sister Cities when they were located on South Grand. They were a consistently great source of Cajun cuisine. Unfortunately, they had to close due to structural damage to the building a year or so ago, and so the good quality Cajun options in St. Louis were reduced by an important one.

They have reopened fairly recently on South Broadway just south and across the street from old Lemp Brewery. The space is much nicer, and the parking situation more abundant. The food is as good as always. I've tasted most of their menu, and have yet to find anything that wasn't great. The Dirty Chick is especially tasty (why do I feel like Groucho Marx when I say that?), and no matter what you do, save room for the Seafood Gumbo - even if it means splitting it with someone. About my only complaint is that the menu is not extensive. But if your options are all good, does it really matter if they're a bit limited?

1  Thank John H

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Went for a late lunch and sat at the bar. My wife and I thought the menu looked great and initially we were not put off by the prices. We ordered a Shrimp Po Boy $12.75 and a bowl of Seafood Gumbo $12.75. Shrimp on the Po Boy was breaded with a good cornmeal crunch but not served on a traditional Po Boy hoagie roll. It was ok, not great and not a value at $12.75. Initially the Seafood Gumbo was served with a hair in it. We are not food snobs so we sent it back but did not make a stink about it. Mistakes happen, we get it. Seafood Gumbo had very little seafood and for the price we expected a lot more seafood. Gumbo had good flavor and was served with a poor example of cornbread. My wife had a Hurricane for $7 and gave it an "Ok" not great. Everything was Ok, not great! Service was good. Either decrease prices in proportion to food costs or increase seafood amount. We think the restaurant has potential just need to fix a few things.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Went to sister cities with husband. Greeted right away by JJ. He was nice and easy to chat with. The place was virtually empty except for a few tables and patrons at the bar. Drinks were good... JJ gave us tips on his favorite foods from the menu. Hubby had dirty chicken I had po-boy. The food was prepared well. The flavors were nice and spicy just like we like it. The only thing is I have a nut allergy and even though all restaurants don't guarantee no nuts the cook said the oil was regular fry oil and not peanut oil. If you have a severe allergy to nuts this may not be the place for you. We will definitely go back!

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and amazing service!!! Fast, delicious. Had the fried shrimp po boy and gumbo....taste of NOLA close to home.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This restaurant has moved to the Marine Villa District of the city just south of Anheuser Busch's Brewery. 3550 S Broadway, St. Louis, MO 63118
The new location is very nice and easy to find. Parking is only street parking but no parking fees and plentiful the evening we went. It was fairly crowded and a relaxed feel to the restaurant. Still a bit bare bones on the décor. New though. The second dining room was still under construction and looked a little messy and not too nice to see especially being in eye sight from the main dining room. The service was friendly and the food (most importantly) was delicious. I would like to see them step up their game to finishing the other dining room (without TV's) and so you can enjoy this place without the bar scene crowd and noise) in the main dining room. That was our only downfall for the new location that could be easily fixed.