“So romantic- will definitely be back!”

Aya SOFIA Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Aya SOFIA Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #217 of 3,068 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Lindenwood Park
Cross street: Jamieson / Plainview
Description: Aya Sofia, St. Louis’ only Turkish restaurant, opened in October 2005 by Turkish Chef Mehmet Yildiz and designer Alicia Aboussie. Our outstanding Turkish cuisine is delicious, fresh, and healthy. We serve lamb, beef, chicken and seafood. Aya Sofia offers a large variety of cold and hot meze (small plates) that are intended to be shared and will complement any of our entrees. Afiyet Olsun (Enjoy your meal)! Aya Sofia has a romantic luxurious atmosphere combined with excellent upscale service and warm Turkish hospitality.
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

WOW! Run, don't walk, to this place. So romantic - we ate in a booth for four, side by side, with little curtains on the outside that could be closed. We had the Aya Sofia meze platter, which was fantastic, though I highly recommend switching out the sarma (stuffed grape leaves) with the borek (spinach and feta pie). (Reviews say the grape leaves are great, I just wanted to try the borek). The sigara boregi was incredible! We thought the appetizer was going to steal the show but our waiter recommended we try the fish special, a whole cooked cupra (pronounced "chupra"). MUST TRY- absolutely incredible and worth the effort (yes it has bones). Covered in squeezed lemon, it was the best fish we'd both ever had. The Turkish coffee pot de creme was so rich and decadent and even our cocktails, the Evil Eye martini and Esmeralda, were fantastic. We will definitely be back!!! Wish I could give a sixth star!

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Came to graze. Grape leaves full of flavor. Swordfish kabobs were excellent. Bean salad was refreshing. Water glasses were always filled. Will come back for Happy Hour.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Ordered several small hot plates. All were excellent. Best stuffed grape leaves I've ever had. Swordfish kebabs - quite delicious. Looking forward to eating through the menu.

1  Thank Goose G
Reviewed 25 October 2016

Turkish food is one of my favorite cuisines, and Aya Sofia does it right. The staff strike that perfect blend between friendliness and professionalism, the atmosphere is unique and lovely, and the food is just to die for. I've eaten here many times and it's hard to know what to recommend - the lamb dishes and fresh fish are always fantastic, and all the appetizers are yummy. Ask for a little pistachio liquor to accompany your warm baklava and Turkish coffee at dessert. Mmmm.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

This is an intimate restaurant. Our server was marvelous. The bloody mary was excellent. I ordered the Eggs Florentine. For the first time in my life, the serving was larger than I could eat. Highly recommended.